What's new

Can't Reinstall PowerDVD! (1 Viewer)

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
So anyway I've been forced to delete my copy of PowerDVD's (ver 7) folder because the damn thing wouldn't let me uninstall itself with its own utility. Having done that and cleaning out its registry and installation file it should reinstall right? WRONG! It seems the program despite being completely deleted is still somehow on my machine, confusing the reinstallation utility and preventing me from putting it back on (installation says that it needs to uninstall the existing copy... then fails to load the rest of setup). Anybody got any suggestions as to how to fix this?

Gabriel.H

Stunt Coordinator
are you manually cleaning out the registry yourself? or using a reg-clean utility? if doing it manually you might want to consider downloading a reg-clean or reg-fix type of program because sometimes the registry might have keys that are weird names that might not seem to have anything to do with the program but in fact do.

If all else fails formatting might be a good last resort.

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
Thanks for the suggestions. I was able to get rid of the rest of it with a demo of TuneUp Utilities. Now everything works again.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation380
Recent bookmarks