What's new

Spider Identification. Photos inside... (1 Viewer)

Jimi C

Screenwriter
So, I thought I had a large crumb of some sort on my carpet and went to pick it up. This crumb had 8 legs and started to move. I'd normally just squish a spider between my fingers but this was like nothing id seen before. About an inch long, but a bright orange color. I trapped it inside a tupperware container and then let it loose in the parking lot outside my apartment. Hope it dosnt come back to bite me!

Alex-C

Screenwriter
I did the exact same thing a few years ago and had an I.D. from this forum in a coupla hours.
:)

Jimi C

Screenwriter

I remembered that. I searched the net on my own for awhile before I posted here. So I guess this is a rare breed huh? Never saw a sow bug before, I guess it was doing its job then. All of these web sites point to them being on the West Coast though. Im in Ny, odd?

Apps

Auditioning
Real Name
Anne
Hey, I live in New Zealand and found a spider just like your photo. It was dead I noticed it while I was hoovering, I've never seen anything like it before.

We have seen some really weird things in the last four years!

Where are they usually found and are they the kind that would bite someone?? I have a young daughter!

Apps

Jimi C

Screenwriter
If you did in fact find the same spider in New Zealand that I found running across my living room floor 2 years ago in Buffalo, NY USA then according to the forums research it is harmless to humans.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks