Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Before and after pics of my theater

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
17 replies to this topic

#1 of 18 OFFLINE   ChrisPATT

ChrisPATT

Stunt Coordinator

• 63 posts

Posted June 11 2007 - 03:47 AM

Just purchased a new house a few months ago, and finally have the basement mostly complete.

Some before and after pictures -

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Kids gameroom -
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

More theater pictures -

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 of 18 OFFLINE   ChrisPATT

ChrisPATT

Stunt Coordinator

• 63 posts

Posted June 11 2007 - 04:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennsio
Wow, nice work Chris. With a basement like that, who needs the rest of the house. Just get your meals delivered to you and you're set.

What equipment do you have in there?

Anthem AVM50
Rotel 1095
PureAV PF60

Denon 3910
Panasonic DMR-E95H
Toshiba HD-A2
Rhapsody N35
Directv HR20

Xbox 360
PS3

JVC DLA-RS1 1080p Projector
Stewart 110” Electric Screen

Paradigm Reference Studio 100s (L/R)
Paradigm Reference Studio CC (Center)
Paradigm Reference Studio 60s (Surround)
Paradigm Servo 15
Paradigm Seismic 12

#3 of 18 OFFLINE   Ennsio

Ennsio

Second Unit

• 264 posts

Posted June 11 2007 - 05:17 AM

I thought those looked like Paradigm Studios. Very nice.

#4 of 18 OFFLINE   greggor

greggor

Second Unit

• 304 posts

Posted June 11 2007 - 09:00 AM

You've got some nice power there going to your Paradigm Studio's, I'll bet they sound great. Your surrounds look like the studio 40's though.

Nice job!

#5 of 18 OFFLINE   ChrisPATT

ChrisPATT

Stunt Coordinator

• 63 posts

Posted June 11 2007 - 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greggor
You've got some nice power there going to your Paradigm Studio's, I'll bet they sound great. Your surrounds look like the studio 40's though.

Nice job!
You are correct - they are the 40's (slight size difference between the two Posted Image).

#6 of 18 OFFLINE   greggor

greggor

Second Unit

• 304 posts

Posted June 11 2007 - 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisPATT
You are correct - they are the 40's (slight size difference between the two Posted Image).

I use to have 40's in the back but they didn't fit in well with my new theater room so they found their way to ebay. I have the 60's as mains and I really miss the sound of the 40's! I really like your Rotel amplifier. How would you describe the sound...... I'm currently using a B&K receiver and love the way it sounds but I always feel like more power would make things sound even better.

#7 of 18 OFFLINE   Kevin Stewart

Kevin Stewart

Second Unit

• 359 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted June 12 2007 - 06:38 AM

Why not build out that wall and permanently mount the screen?

You might also consider painting some of that blinding white trim. Either way, it looks like a comfortable media room.
"the dream never dies, just the dreamer"

#8 of 18 OFFLINE   ChrisPATT

ChrisPATT

Stunt Coordinator

• 63 posts

Posted June 12 2007 - 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Stewart
Why not build out that wall and permanently mount the screen?

You might also consider painting some of that blinding white trim. Either way, it looks like a comfortable media room.
I initially wanted to get rid of the little wall that comes out, but it turned out it was there for a reason. Next option was to build another wall in front so I could have a fixed screen, but I decided I didn't want to lose sq ft - plus I didn't want the speakers in front of the screen. At least now the screen is out of the way when I am not using it.

Regarding the trim - I actually painted it white, so I think I will leave it alone for now. Posted Image

#9 of 18 OFFLINE   Kevin Stewart

Kevin Stewart

Second Unit

• 359 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted June 12 2007 - 02:57 PM

Quote:
I initially wanted to get rid of the little wall that comes out, but it turned out it was there for a reason. Next option was to build another wall in front so I could have a fixed screen, but I decided I didn't want to lose sq ft - plus I didn't want the speakers in front of the screen.

You could always just build a couple of columns that are the same size as the wall that juts out and attach the screen to them. Your speakers would still be in the same spots they're in now and you wouldn't lose any square footage.

Quote:
At least now the screen is out of the way when I am not using it.

True, but the way the room's set up, I can't imagine it would be in the way regardless, sine the speakers and sub are always there (unless you're going to put a dart board or something behind it).

Quote:
Regarding the trim - I actually painted it white, so I think I will leave it alone for now. Posted Image

Oh.
"the dream never dies, just the dreamer"

#10 of 18 OFFLINE   BrianKR

BrianKR

Second Unit

• 498 posts

Posted June 14 2007 - 01:07 AM

Excellent room and awesome setup Chris!

Love the colors ;-) (mine our nearly identical)

Why both the Servo 15 and Seismic 12? Does one give you something the other doesn't or is it more of the best of both worlds?
Do you run both at the same time? If you had to choose between the 2 which would remain in your basement? I have both of those subs on my short list (along with the SVS PB Ultra 13) but I am leaning towards the Servo 15.

#11 of 18 OFFLINE   BrianKR

BrianKR

Second Unit

• 498 posts

Posted June 14 2007 - 01:07 AM

*double post*

btw links to my theater pics don't work.
I have to edit them out of my sig

#12 of 18 OFFLINE   ChrisPATT

ChrisPATT

Stunt Coordinator

• 63 posts

Posted June 14 2007 - 03:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianKR
Excellent room and awesome setup Chris!

Love the colors ;-) (mine our nearly identical)

Why both the Servo 15 and Seismic 12? Does one give you something the other doesn't or is it more of the best of both worlds?
Do you run both at the same time? If you had to choose between the 2 which would remain in your basement? I have both of those subs on my short list (along with the SVS PB Ultra 13) but I am leaning towards the Servo 15.
I have had the Servo for several years, and just purchased the Seismic. I thought that due to the size of the basement, it would be a good idea to have a second sub. I use them together, and the extra bass it very noticeable - however it is probably overkill. One reason for going with the Seismic as the second was due to the small size. I wanted to be able to put it anywhere in the room - possibly behind the couch. Can't do that with the Servo.

And while I haven't listened to the Seismic by itself, if I had to choose, I would go with the Servo. Even after several years, I am still completely impressed with it. I know a lot of folks around here are very pro SVS, but after hearing mine and an SVS, I liked the Servo much better.

Any working links to your theater pictures?

#13 of 18 OFFLINE   BrianKR

BrianKR

Second Unit

• 498 posts

Posted June 14 2007 - 01:17 PM

Quote:
I have had the Servo for several years, and just purchased the Seismic. I thought that due to the size of the basement, it would be a good idea to have a second sub. I use them together, and the extra bass it very noticeable - however it is probably overkill. One reason for going with the Seismic as the second was due to the small size. I wanted to be able to put it anywhere in the room - possibly behind the couch. Can't do that with the Servo.

And while I haven't listened to the Seismic by itself, if I had to choose, I would go with the Servo. Even after several years, I am still completely impressed with it. I know a lot of folks around here are very pro SVS, but after hearing mine and an SVS, I liked the Servo much better.

Any working links to your theater pictures?

I let the places I stored pictures expire. I have some pictures stored on my old hard drive. I'll dig them up and fix the links ASAP.

That's good to hear about the Servo.
I need a sub for my gaming room which, like yours, is just off of my theater area. I have Paradigm v3 590 and 2 sets of 40's so I figured the S15 would be a perfect match. I am thinking about upgrading to the 100's and the newer model v4 center but I think it might be overkill when the area is mainly used for gaming and watching some hi def sports.

#14 of 18 OFFLINE   Glenise

Glenise

Supporting Actor

• 778 posts

Posted June 14 2007 - 07:58 PM

Wow!
The red really makes the room pop!
Very nie!

#15 of 18 OFFLINE   BrianKR

BrianKR

Second Unit

• 498 posts

Posted June 15 2007 - 12:06 PM

I transferred my old theater pics from one hard drive to the other. I uploaded a couple pictures to this site. I have since made quite a few changes to this room. I am currently remodeling the other side of my basement to make room for a weight training area or I would take newer pics of my theater and gaming rooms. When I get done my WR I am going to finally finish my theater once and for all (the only exception being upgrades to the hardware ;-))

http://www.hometheat....es&pp=6&page=1

#16 of 18 OFFLINE   ChrisPATT

ChrisPATT

Stunt Coordinator

• 63 posts

Posted June 16 2007 - 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianKR
I transferred my old theater pics from one hard drive to the other. I uploaded a couple pictures to this site. I have since made quite a few changes to this room. I am currently remodeling the other side of my basement to make room for a weight training area or I would take newer pics of my theater and gaming rooms. When I get done my WR I am going to finally finish my theater once and for all (the only exception being upgrades to the hardware ;-))

http://www.hometheat....es&pp=6&page=1
The link is not showing anything.

#17 of 18 OFFLINE   BrianKR

BrianKR

Second Unit

• 498 posts

Posted June 16 2007 - 03:28 PM

Hopefully this will work
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#18 of 18 OFFLINE   ChrisPATT

ChrisPATT

Stunt Coordinator

• 63 posts

Posted June 18 2007 - 02:38 AM

Great looking theater - especially like the trim work.

Back to Members' Theaters, HT Projects, Remotes, Seating, Accessories & Lighting

Forum Nav Content I Follow