What's new

'KYLE XY' Season 2 (1 Viewer)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Felt compelled to start the new thread for the second season of Kyle XY which as you probably know begins tomorrow night on ABC Family.

I just recently got into this show and was immediately hooked, I can't wait to see what season 2 holds for not only Kyle but the Trager's as well. The first season was so intriguing and intelligent and i've heard that this season will build upon that and emerge even stronger so I can't wait. :emoji_thumbsup:

Abby_B

Supporting Actor
I am also looking forward to Kyle XY starting tonight. Can't wait to see how they start handling some of the stuff that got raised during last season's finale.

Can't wait to see more about Adam Baylin and why he looks just like Kyle, as well as to see what Declan will do with the fact that he figured out that Kyle went off with his "parents" that were fake.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
From what I gathered, and I think it'll prove to be true, is that Kyle is a clone of Adam Baylin created for reasons known only to Adam, but i'm guessing we'll find out tonight why Kyle was created and more importantly why he has no belly button. ;) That part baffles me and i'm dying to know why, a genetic mistake maybe?

What i'm looking foreward to most is Kyle getting back to the Trager's, the show did such an excellent job at creating what felt like a real family dynamic, probably one of the most realistic families i've seen in a while.

I like Josh, that kid cracks me up lol.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I'm going to try to hold off and wait until they start airing the episodes on Friday. Rumor has it, they will be shown on HD on ABC. Can someone confirm this?

Brian^K

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian
I can confirm that at least the first episode will be broadcast on ABC HD on Friday, and the second and third episodes will be similarly rebroadcast. There's no reason to think that won't continue through the summer -- ABC doesn't have anything else to put in that spot.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member

Thanks for the confirmation. I was hoping I wouldn't have to rely on the SD broadcast on ABC Family. Now that I have HD, it is getting more and more difficult to sit through any SD broadcasts. I will also avoid reading any postings to this thread until the weekend.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
It really sucks that we have to wait an extra 4 days to see it in HD, that puts us HD lovers in a very difficult position, either abstane from the show for that time and avoid spoilers if we can or watch it SD.

I'm doing both, watching it tonight and then in HD on Friday but I really hate that ABC is putting us in this situation, i'd rather my first viewing be in HD.

Garrett Adams

Supporting Actor
I DVR the Monday episode in case my Friday DVR'ing goes haywire . And I hold off watching until Friday evenings.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Hopefully i'm not going to be all by myself until Friday talking about the show ;) but i'll just say that it will be worth the wait, and excellent start to the season.

I'll put my comments in spoilers and those that watched can read them if they wish...

So, all is revealed about our young Kyle, Adam created him to be more or less a companion for him, I loved how they tied Kyle to the likes of Einstein, it gave the back story a nice emotional anchor to begin building Kyle's history. I still don't know about Foss, his motives seem pure but he also seems a little too obsessed and I found my trust in him shaken a bit, I don't see him leaving Kyle be with the Trager's.

The moments between Kyle and Adam were moving and I thought that the actor who played Adam did a great job, in the few minutes that we saw him he made me care about him. I'm really looking foreward to see what project 781228 can do when she gains her full awareness and strength, it doesn't look like she's going to be a friend to our hero, though. Just as well, the Trager household is getting crowded. ;)

The whole issue with Kyle needing to learn about his abilities leaves me uneasy, though, if using those abilities could kill him prematurly than perhaps it would be wise for him to not use them and only concentrate on his intelligence and doing good using only that. I realize that by doing that he'll be denying what he is but he can do a lot of good with his intellect alone, moving objects with telekenesis and jumping great distances isn't something he'll need to do all the time. Just my take on it.

The ending did it for me, though, I was really waiting for the moment when Kyle went back home, his true home, with the Trager's, it brought a smile to my face that only Kyle's could rival.

It's going to be a great season. :emoji_thumbsup:

Real Name
Thomas Stewart
So the episode was a little slow and very heavy on the mythology, but it was very nice to have the series back. The only thing I disliked about the episode was that a lot of it seemed kinda useless, although I'm glad they didn't pack TOO much "big" stuff into the episode. I just hope they go back to balancing the family with the mythology with the future episodes.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I thought it was an ok episode. The Mom moping around the whole episode was really boring to me.
So the XX is going to be his nemesis?

Abby_B

Supporting Actor
I thought that this was a pretty good episode - it had both emotional payoff and mythology/backstory payoff, yet it opened up a lot of possibilities for the rest of the season. I approve!

I am going to spoiler tag for those that haven't seen it yet.

I LOVE that they told us where Kyle came from straight off the bat last night. I love shows that actualyl give you substantive pieces of the puzzle/mythology as you go along instead of dangling it out forever. There's still plenty of story (maybe even more) now that we know the truth about where Kyle came from, and it's very satisfying on top of that, too, to actually get answers. I had never heard of that idea about extended gestation and Einstein or anything but it's a pretty cool concept, I think, and especially since Kyle was in the pod for so many years I'm definitely intrigued by all the things he'll be able to do. (And how will it affect his body, long term?)

I love Kyle and the Tragars. I loved how much they both missed each other, his admission of love for them, and his determination to protect them from his secret and the danger that surrounds him. When he was hugging his family, it was really really sweet.

I *loved* watching him with Adam Baylin, becuase Kyle seemed so happy to be really learning about where he came from at least, even with the difficult moments of that process. (His "I was the subject!" was great.)

I still don't know what I think about Tom Foss, but I loved Adam Baylin, and I just loved that Kyle got a real mentor at last, brief though it was. I was really shocked that they killed Baylin off so suddenly - was anyone else?

It really felt to me like Kyle did a LOT of growing up in this episode.

I really like where it looks like this series is headed this season!

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
One thing that bugged me a little about Kyle's past:

If he spent all his life inside the pod before being dumped in the woods, wouldn't he just be a mound of atrophied jelly? If he'd never moved, never stretched his muscles, never supported his own weight, how would be able to walk, let alone have a six-pack to flash around to show everyone he has no belly button?

I wish I could spend 17 years asleep then wake up looking like that. ;)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
How was Neo able to sit up, raise his arms and pull the interface needle from the back of his head after spending his whole life in a pod in The Matrix?

These are questions better left unasked. ;)

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
For those of us who are only watching the show on ABC on Friday, I want to thank all of you who put the stuff from the first episode in spoiler boxes. I had purposely stayed away from this thread until I had watched the episode, so I wouldn't be tempted.

Overall, I thought it was a good episode. Looking forward to this week's episode.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
For some strange reason my DVR didn't pick up the HD broadcast for this coming Friday, I had to do a search and manually set up the recording.

Usually when I create a series recording it will record all broadcasts of a new episode, don't understand what happened there.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
It would seem that Jesse XX was already more developed than Kyle was, she wasn't curious about the fire, like i'm sure Kyle would have been, and she also seems to possess an inert aggression that Kyle certaintly didn't have. I'm wondering if maybe she was conditioned in a different way than Kyle was, Baylin did say that they took his work and were using it for other purposes, maybe to create the perfect soldier perhaps?

Poor Kyle, he's found himself in a Smallville situation where he must lie to his loved one's about himself and his abilities, but of course his situation differs from Clark Kent's in that he's being forced by outside influences to lie, still it must be killing him because we've all seen how much he doesn't like to lie.

I'm looking foreward to the day when he can tell them everything, I also know how Declan feels, to be burdoned with Kyle's secret for months and then have him shut him out would hurt, but I would understand.

I love where the season's going so far, it's weird but I watched the entire first season in about a week and it's jarring to see Kyle develope so fast, I just have to remember that it took those that watched every week 10 weeks to see that while it only took me a few days. Regardless, he's still one of the most facinating characters on television, right up there with Adrian Monk and Dr. Gregory House, although Kyle certaintly doesn't share ANYTHING with House lol.

Abby_B

Supporting Actor
This season is going to be so good. I can just tell.

Loved this episode - like the solid mix of family and mystery elements. Cannot WAIT to see how this XX girl is going to affect things. The girl that's Racetrack on BSG is also intriguing - what'd she do in Iraq, who is she? I wonder if she's going to form a sort of bond with XX the way the Tragars did with Kyle? I'm so curious about what XX's purpose will be, and what "they" plan for her to do. Find Kyle for them? Bring him back? Get rid of him?

Really appreciated the slight/subtle modification in Kyle's character as he learns about what a stress it is to not only lie to people you love, but to have to live with that lie day in and day out. I loved his scenes with Declan where he just asked him to let it all go, because he just didn't want to lie to anyone else about it. Anyone else think that Declan will be now even MORE motivated to try to dig into Kyle's past? I think they are such great friends. I hope this doesn't make things weird between them, but I love how Declan is so loyal to him.

The phone thing at dinner at the end was *adorable*.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I loved the scenes with Declan too, I understand that he's upset that Kyle can't share the events of the past few months with him and if Declan's a friend he'll come to accept that.

I loved the cell phone bit, too lol, that was Kyle's way of throwing Josh a bone to keep him on his toes, quite the funny personality our Kyle has developed. ;)

The scene with Kyle causing glass to shatter is both interesting and disturbing and it seems to only occur when he's under great stress or being pressured, that's something he'll need to get under control fast.

Your right, Abby, Jesse XX is definitely stilll a mystery and I for one hope the right people intervene and get her away from what's left of Zzycs to try to steer her to the side of good while she's still a blank slate. Still, her mean streak has me concerned and it's a very real possibility that she won't be a friend to Kyle.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks