Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

CHiPs Season 2 DVD Announced

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 of 8 OFFLINE   Mark Talmadge

Mark Talmadge

Screenwriter

• 2,379 posts

Posted June 08 2007 - 10:22 PM

Discovered that CHiPs Season 2 may be seeing a release date for October 13th, 2007. Was trying to check out the episode guide on the site over at Wikipedia and discovered that they have a release listed for second season. This is awesome news as they generally don't post such information there unless it's on the mark ...

Source: http://en.wikipedia....Ps#DVD_Releases

#2 of 8 OFFLINE   Gary OS

Gary OS

Producer

• 4,628 posts

Posted June 09 2007 - 12:15 AM

I really, really wish that release date was correct (I'll say why in a second) but the reality is it can't be because the 13th of October is a SATURDAY! So we know this isn't correct. Is the release even coming in October at all? I don't know, but I'm not gonna get too excited about anything Wikipedia says on the subject. Just not a reliable source. IF this turns out to be true, and October is the correct month for a second season release, I'd be stoked. Reason is that CHiPs had one of the best Halloween episodes of all time during it's second season. I'd love to have that season set in October just for that reason. I'm not nearly as big on Halloween themed episodes as I am Christmas themed ones, but this would be a great addition because it's a fantastically spooky little episode. Gary "it remains to be seen if and when we get a second season release" O.
"Do not challenge supernatural unless armed with sword of truth"
                                             ...CHARLIE CHAN AT TREASURE ISLAND

#3 of 8 OFFLINE   RogerH

RogerH

Supporting Actor

• 877 posts

Posted June 09 2007 - 12:29 AM

That would be great news Posted Image

#4 of 8 OFFLINE   70sTVlover

70sTVlover

Stunt Coordinator

• 242 posts

Posted June 09 2007 - 12:32 AM

I'm waiting season 1 from Amazon.com, I hate living in the UK it takes ages for me to get all the good DVDs instead of waiting years for them to be released R2. I'll get season 2 and onwards hopefully that is the date!

#5 of 8 OFFLINE   Gord Lacey

Gord Lacey

Screenwriter

• 2,447 posts

Posted June 09 2007 - 09:44 AM

A reminder: Wikipedia is the single-worst source of DVD information on the internet. ANYONE can update the information there, and they do. They make up whatever date they want, and they post it to Wikipedia. I should start keeping track of all the incorrect dates that are posted on Wikipedia. Off the top of my head I remember Taxi Season 4 coming in May (nothing planned), Simpsons Season 10 on June 12 (coming in August) and Reba Season 5 for July 17 (nothing planned). Gord
Want to see your favorite show on DVD?

#6 of 8 OFFLINE   Mark Talmadge

Mark Talmadge

Screenwriter

• 2,379 posts

Posted June 09 2007 - 10:27 AM

I'm starting to realize that now since Dave informed me that the stated date is on a Saturday ... heh ... Thanks for the clarification, Gord ...

#7 of 8 OFFLINE   Gary OS

Gary OS

Producer

• 4,628 posts

Posted June 09 2007 - 10:34 AM

Hmmm. I could have sworn I said that too. Posted Image

Gary "maybe I'm on someone's ignore list" O.
"Do not challenge supernatural unless armed with sword of truth"
                                             ...CHARLIE CHAN AT TREASURE ISLAND

#8 of 8 OFFLINE   younger1968

younger1968

Screenwriter

• 2,449 posts

Posted January 28 2010 - 12:20 AM

I have the first two season of this show. I was hoping to see more releases of this show, but, i am guessing it is stall series for now. I am ok with the first two season, because it has a few good episodes, like Emergency! crossover and dirt bike epsiodes. I believe it was either seaon 3 or 4 that Larry Wilcox left with a dispute over salary.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users