Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Any Joe Bonamassa Fans ?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   John_Graz

John_Graz

Stunt Coordinator

• 88 posts

Posted June 08 2007 - 03:43 AM

I am a diehard Blues / Blues Rock / Teaxas Blues fan.
I really enjoy:

SRV (Stevie Ray Vaughan), Los Lonely Boys, Robin Trower, Chris Durate, Corey Stevens, to name a few.

While watching a cable show a month or so ago I saw a BB King show with a young kid named Joe Bonamassa. I was quite impressed with his mature attitude and style technique but never heard any songs by him. So I decided to find him on my Zune Marketplace and listened to his samples and I really liked his diverse sound of SRV, Hendrix, BB King, Robin Trower, Jimmy Paige all mixed together. And his singing is fitting to his sound too.
I downloaded all his albums and can't stop listening to him on my Zune playlists.

He does excellent covers of 2 of my classic rock favorite groups "A New Day Yesterday" (Jethro Tull) and "Had To Cry Today" (Traffic - actually Blind Faith) on his albums of the same name.

If you enjoy the same taste as I do you will not be disappointed.Posted ImagePosted Image

His website http://www.jbonamassa.com/index2.htm has Bonamassa TV with guitar tips and gear info.

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   Brian L

Brian L

Screenwriter

• 2,882 posts

Posted June 08 2007 - 07:36 AM

Great post John and great web site. As a gear freak, I thought the video was very cool. I had heard a few tracks by Joe on XM, but for whatever reason, never tracked anything down....maybe its time. Brian

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   ElevSkyMovie

ElevSkyMovie

Supporting Actor

• 575 posts

Posted June 11 2007 - 01:11 AM

I found one of his "So It's Like That..." cds in this huge bin of cds at WalMart for a dollar. I had heard of him, so I took a chance. It's a good cd. I'd like to get more of his stuff. I was disappointed to find out that the cd came with a live dvd in the retail versions. I was bummed, but I did get a great new cd for a dollar, so I can't complain.

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   John_Graz

John_Graz

Stunt Coordinator

• 88 posts

Posted June 22 2007 - 05:51 AM

Joe has a new concert video on his websitePosted Image

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   John Pine

John Pine

Supporting Actor

• 988 posts

Posted June 29 2007 - 05:10 AM

If you like Bonamassa, you must get "Blues Deluxe"! It's one of his best and my favorite. Also, his concert DVD "New Day Yesterday Live" is outstanding. Enjoy!
"War Eagle!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users