What's new

"The Graduate" 40th Anniversary CE - 9/11 (1 Viewer)

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
DVD Empire has "The Graduate" 40th Anniversary CE up for pre-order for 9/11.

Retail price is $24.98.

Here are the specs:

Features:

Commentary by Actors Dustin Hoffman and Katherine Ross
Commentary by Mike Nichols and Steven Soderbergh
Screen Tests with Video Introductions
Coming of Age: The Making of The Graduate
Would You Like Me to Seduce You?: The Seduction Scene Revisted
One on One with Dustin Hoffman
Behind the Scenes Documentary
Original Theatrical Trailer
Simon and Garfunkel CD
Audio:

ENGLISH: Dolby Digital 5.1
ENGLISH: Dolby Digital Mono
ENGLISH: DTS 5.1
FRENCH: Dolby Digital Mono

Subtitles:

English, Spanish, French

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
That sounds like a really nice set. Although I paid 5 bucks for the other version and I'm quite happy with it. It's not a flick I pick up to watch more than once or twice every few years.

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
OHMYGOD YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES

htf_images_smilies_rock.gif
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif
htf_images_smilies_dance.gif
htf_images_smilies_rock.gif

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
Thats very odd that they've announced it as being in mono (then again it is Fox...). All releases of The Graduate have been in stereo IIRC.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino

There are TWO stereo tracks listed in the specs.

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
The very first R1 DVD release included both mono and stereo. The mono was dropped after that in each of the reissues. Also, the anamorphic R2-PAL release only has the stereo track.

I'm not Blu-Ray or HD-DVD capable yet, but isn't there a hi-def release of "The Graduate" that's out or coming out?

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
One would think that it is getting prepared by MGM/Fox, but with their concerns over security they've been holding off on catalog releases on Blu-ray until BD+ is enabled.

Of course, they've also been putting no bonus content on 99% of their releases, so maybe the catalog title delays will help them with that problem, too.

In any case, the film is too much of a moneymaker for them to ignore on BD forever.

bobbd

Auditioning
Real Name
Bob Drummond

Funny you should ask. Studio Canal just put out a French R2 HD-DVD release a week or two ago. It should be playable in any HD-DVD player right now. It has an English audio track (that sounds a bit high-pitched I believe), and the picture is stunning.

I can't post a URL yet, but you can get it in the US from xploited cinema dot com.

MTRodaba2468

Agent
Real Name
Matt Rodabaugh
You know what's funny? The Graduate is a title I always assumed would get a "collector's edition" or "deluxe edition", but I ended up picking up the current bare-bones edition at FYE for $9 less than a month ago. -_-

Oh well. The Graduate is a title I'd gladly double-dip for.

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
I guess I'll be upgrading this one. I have the Polygram "Special Edition" of 1998 which features a Dustin Hoffman interview, but this new release sounds more definitive.

Corey

Screenwriter
glad i never bought this film. it's about time.

hope a 30th anniversary SE of annie hall is also released.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I wouldn't count on an SE of Annie Hall. Has there ever been an SE of a Woody Allen film? Heck, have there ever been any *extra features* on a Woody Allen film?

Psyched for the new Graduate though. I haven't gotten around to buying it yet.

Vincent Fok

Agent
OMG. Special Feature wise, this is MUCH better than I expect for a DVD SE. The Hoffman-Ross commentary, if that sticks till release date, is a fan's dream coming true (third-best thing until we get a genuine Part 2). Too bad they couldn't get a commentary done earlier so Bancroft can be included too before she's sadly departed.

I also hope they include all the screen tests (plus more if possible) on the Criterion CAV LD, so it saves me the trouble of making my own DVD - although I still need to somehow make one just to have the Howard Suber commentary on the LD handy.

If it comes out on BD later on, I'll dip again. Until then, the Purchase of the Year this is.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks