What's new

Where the frak is GALACTICA S3? (1 Viewer)

BillBR

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Bill. :)
I know this is getting old, but...
I asked this question a few months ago and the only buzz about it then was that Bear McCreary's site had an assumed release date of August '07, since he believed it would coincide with the soundtrack release.
But, since then we have recieved release dates on Heroes: S1, Lost: S3, and a whole host of various Universal titles. However, still nothing on BSG S3!!
This worries me a whole lot...for 2 reasons, both selfish. One is that a longer wait means...well, a longer wait, and a release that possibly won't be in time for the airdate of the BSG TV movie this fall. The other reason is that I'm incredibly frakkin frustrated that I can't read any reviews/articles/anything regarding the show since I'll be spoiled up the wazoo! I already know way more than I want to, and that's just from visiting non-BSG related sites!
Does anyone have some info/educated speculation on this? And if you post, please refrain from any S3 spoliers (or hide them).
Thanks...

Katherine_K

Second Unit
There is no word among the BSG spoiler community that is usually aware of such things, but I can give you some educated guesses. I think most of us misread McCreary's comment. It could very well be a sound track release for August to tie in with the DVD release, but last year the sound track was released in June to tie in with the September release of the DVDs.

My guess is that given that the DVD movie "Razor" is supposed to be released on DVD within a week of it airing on SciFi in November. So my guess would be that the 3rd season will be released before that. My guess, September/October.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I think there's no chance that they would release a DVD to tie-in to a soundtrack release. The more likely scenario is that they'll release the DVD to come out close to when there's new episodes or the movie (like Katherine said).

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
I agree Bill, it does suck. Everyone I know has either watched it live, or downloaded it illegally. But us paying customers are penalized by the marketing department's vague notion of cross promotion.

In related news it looks like the first wave of Battlestar Galactica action figures are arriving in late October rather than in summer, as expected really. You can preorder 6 of the first 7 figures from places like NewForceComics -- http://tinyurl.com/2clrw4 -- but the seventh figure, the Chief, is being sold separately, as a rarity of sorts. That one can only be bought directly from the manufacturer:
http://www.diamondselecttoys.com/sto...ItemNo%3D53534
Other places you can find these include ActionFigureXpress.com BigBadToyStore.com etc. Be aware that all the photographs are of the prototypes - the actual figures will have joints. Unfortunately some of the faces don't really look much like the characters.

BillBR

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Thanks guys...
Katherine, what you said actually helps, and it makes some sense. I knew that if I dug around I could find the release date for the fall movie, but I feared digging because of what I said...I'd be likely to stumble across some stuff about "hey wasn't it shocking when so and so was revealed as a Cylon, and thrilling when so and so died?".
So, only a few more months to wait. Still, every day that goes by without an official announcement bothers me. And the temptation to buy the season off iTunes grows...even though I have to pay the same amount of money as the DVD set but without extras.
Y'know what iTunes should start doing? Allow "rental" downloads that allow you to rent movies and shows at a reduced price, with a password given to you that only works for 2 weeks before you have to delete the file. Maybe it's just a pipe dream...
Nice news on those figures by the way. However, I have no idea who would get excited about the "Hotdog" action figure. Maybe Daddy Olmos...that's about it, hehe.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
It does suck, Bill, but there's no need to phrase your topics with such negative connotations. Posting such topics as "Battlestar Galactica Season 3 DVD" is more acceptable ...

If you want others to take you seriously, rephrase your topics appropriately ... But, I'd be willing to bet on a christmas-era release for the set ...

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
I'm guessing that it will be released to coincide with the Pegasus movie in November.

Ben King

Stunt Coordinator
Season 3 is due out in the UK in September, so I'm sure it will be announced shortly.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
I'd be willing to bet on a release sometime around the christmas season/December to coincide just before the start of the new season ... thats whehn we saw the release of Season 2.5.

AlexSchwarz

Stunt Coordinator

...what.....? What?? Around Christmas?? Season 2.0 was released on 12/20 and if that's the time window for season 3....then I'll never have it here in time for Christmas ("here" as in Germany....it takes one to two weeks for dvds to get here).

Oh man....what happened to the late-August rumor that was floating around TVShowsOnDVD a while ago?

Katherine_K

Second Unit
I highly doubt it's going to wait until december given that Razor is airing in November and it was commissioned originally by the HV division and not SciFi. They'll release season 3 before they release Razor and that's been slated for release within a week of it airing on tv.

Bill>Moore

Second Unit
The season didn't end all that long ago. With the title of the thread, you'd think it was over a year and we were waiting for something that mysteriously hadn't been delivered. September is a pretty decent bet, so I wouldn't get too worked up until then.

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, you're saying that because you've already seen it. I haven't watched a second of S3. I'm (not so) patiently waiting for either the DVD to come out, or iTunes to up their quality to 480P or 720P...

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Same boat here, I only see the show on DVD. I even stopped watching S 2.5 halfway through awaiting S3 for an uninterupted viewing period.

BillBR

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Er...
Sorry the title of my post seems to have upset some people. I was obviously trying to make a "Galactica-speak" joke with the title, and didn't mean to offend.
Anyway, to the people who can't understand my (and apparantly, others') frustration with the lack of news, it has much to do with what previous posters have said. Just that we either chose not to watch the show on Sci Fi or (in my case) weren't able to (since I don't have cable...I'd rather spend money on DVDs, heh). And thus the wait, especially after a whopper of a S2 finale, is excruciating. Plus the fact that we can't read anything without being spoiled...I know they just recently had a "Galactica fan event" promoting S4 with a lot of cool news coming out of it, none of which I can find out about because, again, spoilers. Having a set release date regardless of when it is would alleviate these frustrations. The fact that Heroes S1 (also a Universal property, I believe) has been given a date (and ended it's broadcast run after Galactica) was probably the motivation for my post.

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.
I actually enjoyed the title of this thread! I thought it was QUITE appropriate.

I'm also anxious for news about S3, as I'm in the same boat. No cable, and I don't want spoilers.

Harry

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

The only thing I'd say to that is Heroes will premiere before either the BSG TV movie in the fall and the new season; thus, Universal wants to make sure the DVD's are out to bring more attention to the show. BSG, outside of the movie, will premiere in January (IIRC), giving Universal some more time to work the DVD's in.

Andy_Bu

Supporting Actor
Before Season 3 started, their were a series of ten short clips (about a 2-3 minutes each) that helped bridge the end of season 2.5 to the beginning of season 3 that were shown on scifi.com.

Does anyone know if or think these will be included in the season 3 set?

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate

Wasn't there some controversy about these? About payment to writers or something? Unless that is resolved, we won't see these on the DVD.

Andy_Bu

Supporting Actor

yes I remember reading something about that. Shame because they would make for a nice extra on the set.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks