What's new

WholeSaleAV.com? (1 Viewer)

Walt H

Stunt Coordinator
Has anyone heard of or done business with WholeSaleAV? They claim to have been doing business on line for 12 years but at resellerratings.com they only have ONE review.

Colin Davidson

Second Unit
Walt,

While I have not personally purchased from them, a red flag for me is any place that won't put a physical address on their website. The site says:

"We opened retail stores, mall stores and even a catalog call center. As the 90's came we had a new opportunity, the internet. We have now been selling on-line for over 12 years and have worked in every major marketplace."

While ResellerRatings is a great resource, I also like to take a look at the BBB for the area that the business is in. After doing a little WHOIS searching here is the info I found:

The Advantage Co +1 716 565 4009 5195 Main St Williamsville NY 14221 USSo it looks like it is a part of Stereo Advantage in New York.

Hopefully this helps you in further searching to see if this company is reputable or not. Good Luck!

Colin

Walt H

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks a lot Colin. I too was suspicious that they did not have a physical address which does bring up a RED FLAG for me also. Thanks for the info you found.

Walt H

Stunt Coordinator
Is the following statement enough to trust a website?

"Guarantee: We guarantee that all of our products are brand new, factory sealed with a manufacturers warranty."

The above is in quotes because it is a direct quote from the website. The website also has a purchase channel via Amazon.com.

Colin Davidson

Second Unit
Walt,

I checked the Yamaha site for authorized resellers and they do list the following company:

Stereo Advantage

5195 Main St.
Williamsville, NY 14221
716-632-8038

Which is the same info that came up from the search I did above. I checked the BBB in New York and did not find any info on either Stereo Advantage or WholeSaleAV. May not mean much in the grand scheme of things.

So here is what you could do:

1. Call Stereo Advantage and ask them if they are also WholeSaleAV.com. Or alternatively call WholeSaleAV on their toll free number make inquiries about the product you want to buy. This will give you an idea of their customer service and you can ask them towards the end of the call if they are also Stereo Advantage.
2. Ask yourself if it is worth the savings to have to deal with the headaches if a problem arises either in the purchase or later on getting warranty repairs if needed.
3. Should you decide to go for it, then make sure to purchase on a credit card that will help you out should something go wrong with the purchase/delivery portion of the transaction with the company.

Hope that helps. Please let us know how it goes with the call and ultimately the purchase should you decide to make it.

Colin

Walt H

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks again Colin. I did notice Yamaha's website has Stereo Advantage listed as an authorized dealer but I also thought if Stereo Advantage is the "parent" company of WholeSaleAV.com that may not automatically make the sub company an authorized dealer......this is basically the same thing you're thinking.

I'll let you know what happens should I decide to pursue this. I'd rather feel safe with a manufacturers' warranty than to save the extra money.....but DARN the difference in price from a KNOWN authorized Yamaha dealer is $100 which wouldn't be a bad deal IF this company is in fact authorized.

Walt H

Stunt Coordinator
I went ahead and paid the extra 100 bucks for the RX-V659 from a KNOWN Yamaha dealer.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks