What's new

Emergency Season 4: Universal, Where Is It? (1 Viewer)

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I scratched one of the flippers from S1. Very pissed about that. So I'm hoping the delay on future seasons is the greater amount of time it takes to press single DVDs.

Bob Hug

Screenwriter
There's nothing definitive as far as a season 4 release is concerned, but there was a year's gap between season 2 and season 3. Season 2 was released on 2/07/06 while season 3 was released on 2/13/07. If the pattern continues (and assuming sales of season 3 were solid), look for season 4 in February of next year.

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
Bring it on - ASAP!!

I watched the first three seasons in about 2 months, and that is far and away a record. It's the only show I've purchased that I can watched endlessly without being bored after a few episodes.

Firebee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan

I think this schedule now seems to be right. I would look for an announcement sometime in October or November for S4 to come in mid-February. And, I want it now, even though I've only finished S1 and S2, and still have yet to even watch an ep in S3. :frowning:

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
I just got the email about it, nice news indeed. It certainly looks like Universal plans to finish the 6 year run. 4 down 2 to go!

I would imagine the Rockford Files S5 announcement will be coming quickly aswell.

Duane Alford

Second Unit
According to TV.com there were 7 seasons. I wish we'd get more then one release per year cause at this rate, it'll be 2011 before it's done, and that's providing Universal doesn't stick it to us and abandon the show at some point.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
Yeah they would be wrong on that. 6 season's total, the often referred to 7th season is just a few TV Movies of which some of the main cast is not even involved.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
The Six 2-hour TV-Movies aired in the 2 years following the show's run. So when syndication came around the movies got broken up, which leaves you with 12 episodes. I think that is why some places often refer to it as the 7th season.

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
Awesome!! Right now, I feel like Cartman waiting for the Wii video game system. I want somebody to put me in to hibernation for 3-1/2 months.

I wish that they would increase the schedule also. Certainly, 2 per year is not too frequent?

Firebee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan

Yay! Thank goodness...and I agree with all the succeeding posters wishing that Uni would increase the speed of the release schedule...once a year stinks! :frowning:

Jeff*H

Premium
Real Name
Jeff
Having enjoyed the show as a kid, I bought season 3 and have had a blast revisiting the episodes, most of which I have forgotten over the years. Needless to say, I will be supporting the Season 4 release and enjoying that as well.
It's interesting that of all the various shows Universal has abandoned, they are continuing to support this one, a show that is rarely if ever seen in syndication anymore. It must be indicative of a fairly substantial fan base out there, of which I am happy to be a part of. Keep 'em coming!

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
I'm glad to see that we are going to get the next season. Like everyone else, I'm not thrilled with the 'one set a year' mind set. However if it will get the whole series out, then I'm fine with it. I just wish Fox would do the same with Mary Tyler Moore and Bob Newhart.

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
With the release of season 4 nest week, that puts us over the half way point of the series. Do you think we just might finish this series? Only two more regular seasons and the 6 follow up movies from 78-79 (which some consider to be the 7th season) to go. I think we just might reach the end.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks