What's new

Sony BDP-S1 to get Dolby Digital Plus and TrueHD Upgrade (1 Viewer)

SherardP

Stunt Coordinator
Being an owner of this unit, I am very happy this update is going to be released soon. Good to see Sony really stand behind the BDP S1 as they have with the PS3.

Joe Cole

Second Unit
As a BDP-S1 owner I would say yahoo as well but exactly what does this mean? Will we be able to listen to the TrueHD sound track through the analog outs?

Plus I have yet to receive the version 1.60 update in the mail; maybe Sony is holding off to send only one update disk.

Harminder

Second Unit
Real Name
Harminder

Yes, with this update you will be able to listen to TrueHD through the analog outs and/or HDMI. The player will internally decode the TrueHD track and output it as PCM.

Joe Cole

Second Unit
I finally got through to a knowledgeable Sony person who signed me up to receive the v. 1.60 update disk. I asked her if Sony was coming out with a another update soon and she said that she had heard a 'rumor' about another update but had no official knowledge of it.

Maybe she is actually sending me the v. 2.0 instead. :)

Harminder

Second Unit
Real Name
Harminder
Installed v2.0, however I can't test the TrueHD capability yet because I don't have any TrueHD blu-ray titles yet. I will have Letters from Iwo Jima sometime late next week. I'll try it out then and report back.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks