Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Lovejoy: Season 1 - 06/19/07

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 OFFLINE   Joseph J.D

Joseph J.D

Screenwriter

• 2,688 posts

Posted June 03 2007 - 03:26 PM

Wow.....this one completely came out of nowhere for me. A really pleasant surprise. Posted Image

http://www.tvshowson....ReleaseID=6570

I used to watch this wonderful Ian McShane series on A&E Mysteries back in the early 90's - back when A&E was actually worth watching. Glad to see this one finally hitting DVD. I know I'll be picking this one up on release day. Here's hoping that BBC/Warner releases the entire series. Posted Image
Recently watched- Arrow: Season 2,The Mortal Instruments: City Of Bones, Captain America: The Winter Soldier 3D, Phantasm II, Star Trek: Season 1, The Expendables 3, The Monuments Men, Oculus, The Sessions, A Walk Among The Tombstones, Commando, Goon, Michael Jackson's This Is It, American Reunion, Platoon, American Wedding

Currently watching- Planet Earth, True Blood: Season 2, Gatchaman: The Complete Series, The Equalizer: Season 3, Tales From The Crypt: Season 2, WKRP In Cincinnati: Season 1, Star Trek: Season 2, Band Of Brothers

"All those moments will be lost in time...like tears in the rain."

#2 of 7 OFFLINE   Marko Berg

Marko Berg

Supporting Actor

• 856 posts

Posted June 03 2007 - 11:02 PM

Very nice! I'll be glad to support this release.

#3 of 7 OFFLINE   PattyFraser

PattyFraser

Second Unit

• 314 posts

Posted June 04 2007 - 02:05 AM

"- back when A&E was actually worth watching. "

So very true.

#4 of 7 OFFLINE   John Carr

John Carr

Stunt Coordinator

• 182 posts

Posted June 05 2007 - 04:06 AM

Lovejoy is a marvelous series and it's about time it arrived on DVD. Highly recommended. Lovejoy is an amiable rouge, less malevolent than the book version, but Ian McShane captured his essence.

McShane is such a good actor that I'd watched the entire first season of Deadwood and never realized he'd been the star of Lovejoy until I read it in "Entertainment Weekly"!

John

#5 of 7 OFFLINE   Joseph J.D

Joseph J.D

Screenwriter

• 2,688 posts

Posted September 05 2007 - 04:37 AM

More good news just announced over at TV shows on DVD:

http://www.tvshowson...cfm?NewsID=8007

January 8, 2008 for Season 2. Posted Image .....glad to see that BBC/Warner are continuing with the series - and faster than I expected them to.

Looking forward to more Lovejoy this winter. Posted Image
Recently watched- Arrow: Season 2,The Mortal Instruments: City Of Bones, Captain America: The Winter Soldier 3D, Phantasm II, Star Trek: Season 1, The Expendables 3, The Monuments Men, Oculus, The Sessions, A Walk Among The Tombstones, Commando, Goon, Michael Jackson's This Is It, American Reunion, Platoon, American Wedding

Currently watching- Planet Earth, True Blood: Season 2, Gatchaman: The Complete Series, The Equalizer: Season 3, Tales From The Crypt: Season 2, WKRP In Cincinnati: Season 1, Star Trek: Season 2, Band Of Brothers

#6 of 7 OFFLINE   Kevin Fox

Kevin Fox

Stunt Coordinator

• 79 posts

Posted January 10 2008 - 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph J.D
...I used to watch this wonderful Ian McShane series on A&E Mysteries back in the early 90's - back when A&E was actually worth watching...

Amen to the sentiments about A & E. Now it's just another reality show channel. *shudder*

I watched Lovejoy way back then too and lamented its absence on home video after. I didn't realize this came out at all until I got an email from BBC America yesterday announcing the release of Season 2. Both sets have gone onto my Amazon wish list and I truly hope that the rest of the seasons are released.
"I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said: 'I drank what?!'"

Roykirk's DVD Collection

#7 of 7 OFFLINE   Joseph J.D

Joseph J.D

Screenwriter

• 2,688 posts

Posted March 17 2008 - 02:30 PM

Noticed that Lovejoy: Season 3 is listed as a pre-order on Amazon. It's scheduled for 05/13/08. Glad to see more Lovejoy coming...and it's a 4-disc set this time. Here's the disc art:

Posted Image