Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

- - - - -

Please List Your Personal Faves That You Think Should Have Been Big

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   James Edward

James Edward

Supporting Actor

• 858 posts

Posted May 31 2007 - 02:19 PM

I just know there is a lot of great music out there waiting for me, but I just haven't heard it... Between Amazon, Itunes, and other outlets, I'm looking forward to sampling what's out there. Let me state emphatically that this is not a 'they don't make good music anymore' thread. I believe people do, and I just don't know a lot of it. Please post your favorite songs that barely made a dent in the musical landscape, but you feel should have. Uplifting, depressing, rock, blues, jazz, anything goes. Thanks for any replies... I'll go first: Gonna Move- Les Dudek I'm Willing- Seatrain Drive All Night- Elliott Murphy Something For Everybody- Bill Chinnock No One To Run With- Allman Brothers Modern Music- Be Bop Deluxe ETI- Blue Oyster Cult Watch The North Wind Rise- Hot Tuna Permanent Waves- The Kinks Ozark- Pat Metheny Shake 'em On Down- RL Burnside Senses Working Overtime- XTC
Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   TonyD

Who do we think I am?

• 16,669 posts
  • LocationDisney World and Universal Florida

Posted May 31 2007 - 03:48 PM

going by the thread title i thought you wanted bands i would add April Wine. i thought they were a great mostly forgotten rock band from the 80's. there were 2 great songs on the Allman's Where It All Begins. No One To Run With and Back Where It all Begins.

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   Felix Martinez

Felix Martinez

• 1,459 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted June 01 2007 - 11:14 AM

The Bears, featuring Adrian Belew. And they just released a new album, "Eureka!". Can't wait to get it!

Here's an interview I did with Belew and Rob Fetters a couple years ago, when they released their "Live At Club Cafe" DVD. I love that band!

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   Egbert Souse

Egbert Souse

• 43 posts

Posted June 01 2007 - 03:51 PM

"The Heads-No Talking Just Heads" The Talking Heads without David Byrne,with various guest vocalists instead.An amazing album,I think one of the songs got some air play,but not much.Also ,have to agree with the Adrian Belew post,this man is incredible.I saw him in the 90`s playing as David Bowies band,an incredible show.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users