What's new

What's the difference between Samsung LN-T4061F and LN-T4065F? (1 Viewer)

orestes

Second Unit
Real Name
Orestes
What's the difference between Samsung LN-T4061F and LN-T4065F other than the obvious CR of 10000:1 and 15000:1 respectively? Does this model still have the handshake problem with the PS3?

So the LN-T4065F is HDMI 1.3, isn't it? And LN-T4061F should be too. So is the handshake problem gone from these units? I am searching SAMSUNG web site, but I cannot find answers there.

Thanks,
orestes

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
Hi,

Me again. :) The major difference is the screen -- the 4061 has a matte finish, while the 4065 has a glossy screen (VERY reflective, and one of the only drawbacks in the CNET review linked below of the one-step up size 4665 -- "the picture quality of the Samsung LN-T4665F exceeds that of any LCD we've tested so far".). (Both have glossy bezels.) However, lots of people like the 4065, thinking the glossy screen makes the picture "pop". Also, 4061 has hidden bottom speakers, and the 4065 hidden side. Consensus is that the 4065 has better sound. Yes, both 1.3.

Yes, handshake issues still exist. Some owners have been getting the board swapped out by SamSung; jury is still out if it fixed the problem. Lots of conflicting word-of-mouth from SamSung regarding a possible firmware fix.

http://reviews.cnet.com/flat-panel-a...pdtl-list&ar=o

orestes

Second Unit
Real Name
Orestes
Elizabeth:

Do you know anything about this other model, the LN-T4666F? According to my original post, it should also has HDMI 1.3. I found it at BB:

Samsung LN-T4066F

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1169512521072

Thanks. I still want to wait to see if the newest models make me feel more confindent buying an LCD at all. By the way, I forgot to mention that my Toshiba TW40X81, a RP HDTV, has also a very shiny reflective surface panel, and it does bother me a bit in daylight, for I do have windows (with blinds and about 12-14 feet away from the set) directly to the screen. Now I understand why you went for the 61F. I now wonder if the 66F has the shiny reflective panel and or the handshake problem.

Regards,
orestes

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
The 4066F is an odd one. As far as I know, it came out around the same time as the 4065 and 4061, but was only available at Best Buy. Originally, it was included in the LCD section on SamSung's site with all the other models, but it has since disappeared. (If you do a search for the model number, you can still find the product page.) It is 1.3, glossy screen and I forgot if it was side or bottom speakers. I don't hear of much talk of this model, but would presume issues would be the same.

A little early to tell, but people who have the newer boards and firmware after the swap seem to be doing well so far. Maybe if this proves to have been the fix with handshake issues, it will be "safer" buying the SamSungs, especially if you know you got the later manufacture date. (You can generally tell from comments at AVS who got what model from what vendor and what the board and firmware numbers were -- whose stock are the newer ones.)

orestes

Second Unit
Real Name
Orestes
I was reading this thread at AVS forum ( http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=817431 ), and it seems that this model has CR higher than the 65F, and some designing or cosmetic features. It definitely has speakers at the bottom. If only I could tell the manufacture date I would get when I buy one of these models if the handshake problem is actually solved.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation380
Recent bookmarks