Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Theatres Issue Device To Report Rude Moviegoers

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 of 10 Chris Lockwood

Chris Lockwood

Producer

• 3,215 posts

Posted May 30 2007 - 03:57 AM

Wonder if this will work:
http://wcbstv.com/to..._149181017.html

#2 of 10 Jon Martin

Jon Martin

Screenwriter

• 2,219 posts

Posted May 30 2007 - 04:26 AM

I saw this on the Today Show this morning.

It is a great idea. I can't tell you how many times I've suffered through Projection problems, but not wanting to go all the way to the lobby (and missing part of the film) to complain. This would solve that.

But, I can also see it being abused quite a bit.

#3 of 10 Garrett Lundy

Garrett Lundy

Producer

• 3,764 posts

Posted May 30 2007 - 04:37 AM

Now all we need is a cellphone blocker.
Mad props for Regal Cinema yo!
"Did you know that more people are murdered at 92 degrees Fahrenheit than any other temperature? I read an article once. Lower temperatures, people are easy-going, over 92 and it's too hot to move, but just 92, people get irritable."

#4 of 10 Jeff Gatie

Jeff Gatie

Lead Actor

• 6,529 posts

Posted May 30 2007 - 05:38 AM

Where's the model that displays a floorplan and allows you to send a taser shock to individual seats? The theater that hands those babies out would get all my business. Posted Image

#5 of 10 Ennsio

Ennsio

Second Unit

• 264 posts

Posted May 30 2007 - 05:47 AM

I think it's a great idea.

When I saw Goldeneye in the theatre, they had the volume set far too loud and your ears actually hurt whenever there was gunfire. People all had their hands over their ears. I went out and quickly found the manager and asked him to check the sound because I didn't want it to ruin a Bond film I had been anxious to see. This device would have helped in that situation.

From the article:
[Box]"I think it's a little bit too much," Alexander Sodon said. "I think people should just go to the movies and just watch the movie and not worry about pressing a button to solve their problems." [/Box]

Posted Image Yeah, because someone's going to be really worried about whether or not to press the button.

"Man, the sound and picture on this movie sucks, and that guy is making a lot of noise, but is it worth all the trouble of pressing down on this button with my thumb? I don't know, maybe that is a bit much ."

#6 of 10 Malcolm R

Malcolm R

Executive Producer

• 11,490 posts
  • LocationVermont

Posted May 30 2007 - 06:03 AM

Could you push the button if you wanted a refill on popcorn or soda? Posted Image
The purpose of an education is to replace an empty mind with an open mind.

#7 of 10 Chris Lockwood

Chris Lockwood

Producer

• 3,215 posts

Posted May 30 2007 - 06:11 AM

> think people should just go to the movies and just watch the movie and not worry about pressing a button to solve their problems

Yes, if everyone else behaved, we could do without this. And if everyone was always nice, there'd be no crime, and we wouldn't need jails or police.

Back to this planet...

The #1 reason I rarely go to movies is the way the rest of the audience acts. I think a lot of people are in the same boat. It's not that I don't want to see the movies coming out, but the experience I expect.

#8 of 10 Mort Corey

Mort Corey

Supporting Actor

• 981 posts

Posted May 30 2007 - 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Gatie
Where's the model that displays a floorplan and allows you to send a taser shock to individual seats? The theater that hands those babies out would get all my business. Posted Image

Or just pass out cattle prods at the door

#9 of 10 Joseph S

Joseph S

Screenwriter

• 2,865 posts

Posted May 30 2007 - 10:50 AM

Do you get free tickets for doing their job and missing out on the movie??

#10 of 10 Marianne

Marianne

Supporting Actor

• 855 posts

Posted May 31 2007 - 01:12 AM

Can you use the device to get another pillow, or a drink, or to ask if the strange noise you can hear is normal?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users