Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Your opinion - do I have good speakers (PSB)?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 Joe Pick

Joe Pick

Stunt Coordinator

• 106 posts

Posted May 29 2007 - 12:44 PM

Weird question, I know, but I'm having trouble understanding and adjusting the equalization of my speakers using my Onkyo AVR. That's another thread. After fiddling for 2 days, I wondered - do I have "good" speakers? I was thinking of the Definitive ProCinema 1000 to replace what I have, but I'm not sure if it's "better" or not. Here's what I have now:

L&R: PSB Image 5T
Center: PSB Image C40
Surrounds: PSB 2B
Sub: SubSonic 6 (not an "i")

What do you think?

#2 of 4 MaxL

MaxL

Supporting Actor

• 503 posts

Posted May 29 2007 - 04:03 PM

yes, center may not be a match, but yes.
HT: Marantz SR8000, PSB Alpha B fronts, Alpha C center, CSW Newton S200 surrounds, Martin Logan Dynamo Sub, Marantz DVD, Sony CRT TV

Stereos include vintage Sony receivers/amps into vintage AR and KEF speakers.

#3 of 4 Glenn Verde

Glenn Verde

Extra

• 20 posts

Posted May 31 2007 - 01:50 AM

I had the PSB 5T's also which I recently replaced with PSB Stratus Goldi's. The 5T's are good sounding speakers for the price. I think they sound better for HT than stereo listening though. I had the 8C for the center which was good but now have the Platinum C2 which sounds great. I have 1B's as surrounds and SVS sub.

#4 of 4 Jeff Adams

Jeff Adams

Screenwriter

• 1,551 posts

Posted June 12 2007 - 07:21 AM

Thats a great set up. Don't second guess yourself. Sit back and enjoy.
"I'm your Huckleberry"