What's new

Strange Cargo and Torch Song in Crawford vol. 2 (1 Viewer)

Chuck Pennington

Screenwriter
TORCH SONG wasn't a widescreen film. It was released in 1953, shot before widescreen was much of an issue. I just hope they properly restored it because the 1990 Laserdisc was a terrible mess made from a color-fluctuating CRI that was in abominable condition - yet the Technicolor trailer on the disc looked GREAT! LOL

Sergio A

Stunt Coordinator
Very glad to see that FLAMING ROAD is being included - another gap in my Curtiz DVD collection gets filled!

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I knew FLAMINGO ROAD was going to be one of them. George Feltenstein mentioned that it would be in one of his chats.

TORCH SONG is a camp classic for sure and worthy of inclusion.

Corey

Screenwriter
2007/2008?? Damn that could be as late as February or March. I'm hoping it's in December though. Warners said it was all ready, but they were just working out some kinks.

Junior_V

Stunt Coordinator
There is only 2 things that I have to complain about.

1.To many of her movies from 40s ( if "A Woman's Face" is gonna be in the set) Would be much more fun I they mixed her movies from her heydays in the 30s with her later ones from 40s 50s

2. When they gave us Joan & Bette vol.1 Warner made the impression that the boxes would match together and Bette will get her vol.3 next year when we will get vol.2. I relly hope they are planning a vol. 3 for Joan right now. If they can release "Trog"(the most hated Joan movie) they sure can give us The Last of Mrs. Cheyney (1937), Paid (1930), Today We Live (1933), Goodbye, My Fancy (1951), No More Ladies (1935),Our Dancing Daughters (1928) The Shining Hour (1938) I Live My Life (1935) Mannequin (1937) ect...and the rest of her movies With Clark Gable

I know I sound like a whiny child, but I am ofcourse happy that we are gonna get a vol.2

Corey

Screenwriter

Well I'm sure we'll see more Crawford in the next Gable set, too. It would be nice if they put a films like Laughing Sinners, Possessed or Chained (no VHS release) in his set. Dance, Fools, Dance and Our Modern Maidens will most likely be in future Forbidden Hollywood sets.

Corey

Screenwriter
btw I'd prefer a solo release of The Last of Mrs. Cheney. That way they could inlcude Norma Shearer's version and Greer Garson's 1951 remake, The Law and the Lady.

CineKarine

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Karine Philippot
I would love to see THE BRIDE WORE RED (37) on DVD more than any other Crawford film. Maybe?

Danny Burk

Second Unit
I'm also hoping that the other 2 titles will be her 30s films...those are the ones I've really been waiting for. And the silents, of course...yes, a TCM Archive set would be great!

Charles Ellis

Senior HTF Member
I checked out that opening link and saw absolutely nothing about a forthcoming DVD set! Where is the proof- can someone give me a REAL link to an actual annoucement of what films will be on the second Crawford set?

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
In the meantime, I was a little surprised that Warner included "Reunion in France" in their recent "John Wayne Film Collection" as it is much more of a Joan Crawford vehicle than a John Wayne film. Since Warner does not mix previously released titles with new releases in their box sets anymore, fans can tide themselves over with that one and not have to worry about a double dip with any speculative future Crawford set.

Regards,

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks