What's new

BONES Season 2 on DVD... (1 Viewer)

nicholas_g

Stunt Coordinator
Excellent. I bought S1 from Amazon as a blind buy for just $15 and it was well worth it. I have never have liked double sided discs. I hope they keep the packaging the same though.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
It's called "Player Under Pressure," and it's listed (with commentary) on the press release TSoD posted.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
I just picked up Season 1 at Target today for $16.99. Is the show worth watching? I've never seen an episode of it so I'm not sure.

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
Many people on this forum seemed to abandon it at first since it had a seemingly slow start, but those of us who stuck it out will tell you it was worth it. It's a great show.

Katherine_K

Second Unit

It was about a murder on a college campus and was set to air the week of the Virginia Tech shooting, that's why it was pulled.

I'll second that the pilot and first few episodes are not very good but it comes well into it's own and was one of my favorite blind buys of all time.

Todd Stout

Screenwriter
I watched the first episode of Bones when the show premiered and it really didn't do anything for me at the time. A few months later I caught another episode (the one that was set in New Mexico I think) and really enjoyed it. I started watching Bones somewhat regularly from then on but I beleive Fox pulled the reruns over the summer so I didn't see too many episodes until I bought the DVDs. Now I'm hooked!

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
The unaired episode will NOT be on this upcoming set. That will obviously break continuity, but instead will air during season 3 and be on that DVD set.

Stupid, but there it is.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

May be stupid, but it may also be unavoidable. The network contracts probably only allow for DVD release of episodes after they air or after the series is off the air (in which case there are never-aired episodes.) Also in the every-ratings-point counts environment of broadcast TV today, Fox would hardly want to "waste" a first-run episode that can be dropped in as a special event to replace a new episode of a cancelled show or go up against reruns of competing shows next season.

Annoying, but I can't say I blame them and there may really have been nothing they could do about it. (Making an exception to a TV contract can be an expensive legal nightmare and also establish precedent for future deals between networks and stuidos with regard to use of "first run" material. Probably a can of worms best left unopened from Fox's point of view, assuming Universal even asked.)

Regards,

Joe

Katherine_K

Second Unit

Might be missing something, but why would Universal be involved at all? It's a Fox show aired on Fox IIRC.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

Sorry, yes, Fox. (I must have had House on the brain from an earlier post. :)) But it is still the case that the studio and the network operate somewhat autonomously in these matters, and their interests do not always coincide.

Regards,

Joe

Katherine_K

Second Unit

Totally okay, I was just making sure I wasn't confused ;)

And Fox is well known for not talking to itself, so that is entirely plausable.

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
So if there's talk of the upcoming wedding in that episode, boy are people who aren't in the know (in other words, people who don't follow these things on websites and forums like us ;) ) going to be confused.

Oh well..

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks