Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

BONES Season 2 on DVD...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
22 replies to this topic

#1 of 23 OFFLINE   Nicholas Martin

Nicholas Martin

Screenwriter

• 2,683 posts

Posted May 24 2007 - 10:50 AM

http://www.tvshowson...cfm?NewsID=7360

On 6 SINGLE-SIDED DISCS!

No double-sided nightmares to deal with like season 1. Very nice. Posted Image

I avoided season 1 because of that, but ended up getting it a few weeks ago because it was 50% off the standard price. Couldn't resist.

#2 of 23 OFFLINE   Pete Battista

Pete Battista

Screenwriter

• 1,959 posts
  • LocationPrincess Anne, Md. USA

Posted May 24 2007 - 12:09 PM

I am excited about this release too... can't wait to add it to my collection. Season 1 must have done well since they went to single sided discs. Posted Image

#3 of 23 OFFLINE   nicholas_g

nicholas_g

Stunt Coordinator

• 81 posts

Posted May 24 2007 - 11:10 PM

Excellent. I bought S1 from Amazon as a blind buy for just $15 and it was well worth it. I have never have liked double sided discs. I hope they keep the packaging the same though.

#4 of 23 OFFLINE   Daryl Furkalo

Daryl Furkalo

Second Unit

• 374 posts

Posted May 25 2007 - 02:16 AM

So is the missing episode Fox pulled in the set? I have no idea what the name of it is.

#5 of 23 OFFLINE   Scott_J

Scott_J

Screenwriter

• 2,635 posts

Posted May 25 2007 - 02:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl Furkalo
So is the missing episode Fox pulled in the set? I have no idea what the name of it is.
It's called "Player Under Pressure," and it's listed (with commentary) on the press release TSoD posted.

#6 of 23 OFFLINE   Mark Talmadge

Mark Talmadge

Screenwriter

• 2,379 posts

Posted May 25 2007 - 03:31 AM

I just picked up Season 1 at Target today for $16.99. Is the show worth watching? I've never seen an episode of it so I'm not sure.

#7 of 23 OFFLINE   Nicholas Martin

Nicholas Martin

Screenwriter

• 2,683 posts

Posted May 25 2007 - 03:44 AM

Many people on this forum seemed to abandon it at first since it had a seemingly slow start, but those of us who stuck it out will tell you it was worth it. It's a great show.

#8 of 23 OFFLINE   Pete Battista

Pete Battista

Screenwriter

• 1,959 posts
  • LocationPrincess Anne, Md. USA

Posted May 25 2007 - 03:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott_J
It's called "Player Under Pressure," and it's listed (with commentary) on the press release TSoD posted.

Cool!... I didn;t even realise there was an episode pulled by fox... something new to look forward to! Posted Image

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Talmadge
I just picked up Season 1 at Target today for $16.99. Is the show worth watching? I've never seen an episode of it so I'm not sure.

I think you will enjoy it... I know I enjoyed every minute of it! Posted Image

#9 of 23 OFFLINE   Katherine_K

Katherine_K

Second Unit

• 456 posts

Posted May 25 2007 - 04:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Battista
Cool!... I didn;t even realise there was an episode pulled by fox... something new to look forward to! Posted Image

It was about a murder on a college campus and was set to air the week of the Virginia Tech shooting, that's why it was pulled.

I'll second that the pilot and first few episodes are not very good but it comes well into it's own and was one of my favorite blind buys of all time.

#10 of 23 OFFLINE   Scott_J

Scott_J

Screenwriter

• 2,635 posts

Posted May 25 2007 - 05:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Talmadge
Do you know how long that price is in effect? Is it just this week?

#11 of 23 OFFLINE   Mark Talmadge

Mark Talmadge

Screenwriter

• 2,379 posts

Posted May 25 2007 - 05:19 AM

The price is through June 4th.

#12 of 23 OFFLINE   Mark Talmadge

Mark Talmadge

Screenwriter

• 2,379 posts

Posted May 25 2007 - 05:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott_J
Do you know how long that price is in effect? Is it just this week?

The pricing on the set is valid through June 4th. I work at a local Target so I know this ... heh ...

#13 of 23 OFFLINE   Todd Stout

Todd Stout

Screenwriter

• 1,034 posts

Posted May 25 2007 - 05:30 AM

I watched the first episode of Bones when the show premiered and it really didn't do anything for me at the time. A few months later I caught another episode (the one that was set in New Mexico I think) and really enjoyed it. I started watching Bones somewhat regularly from then on but I beleive Fox pulled the reruns over the summer so I didn't see too many episodes until I bought the DVDs. Now I'm hooked!

#14 of 23 OFFLINE   Katherine_K

Katherine_K

Second Unit

• 456 posts

Posted May 25 2007 - 05:30 AM

Yeah, I similarly picked up Supernatural season 1 cheap this week in the same sale.

#15 of 23 OFFLINE   Nicholas Martin

Nicholas Martin

Screenwriter

• 2,683 posts

Posted June 08 2007 - 05:34 AM

The unaired episode will NOT be on this upcoming set. That will obviously break continuity, but instead will air during season 3 and be on that DVD set.

Stupid, but there it is.

#16 of 23 OFFLINE   Joseph DeMartino

Joseph DeMartino

Lead Actor

• 8,303 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted June 09 2007 - 10:42 AM

Quote:
Stupid, but there it is.

May be stupid, but it may also be unavoidable. The network contracts probably only allow for DVD release of episodes after they air or after the series is off the air (in which case there are never-aired episodes.) Also in the every-ratings-point counts environment of broadcast TV today, Fox would hardly want to "waste" a first-run episode that can be dropped in as a special event to replace a new episode of a cancelled show or go up against reruns of competing shows next season.

Annoying, but I can't say I blame them and there may really have been nothing they could do about it. (Making an exception to a TV contract can be an expensive legal nightmare and also establish precedent for future deals between networks and stuidos with regard to use of "first run" material. Probably a can of worms best left unopened from Fox's point of view, assuming Universal even asked.)

Regards,

Joe

#17 of 23 OFFLINE   Katherine_K

Katherine_K

Second Unit

• 456 posts

Posted June 09 2007 - 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph DeMartino
(Making an exception to a TV contract can be an expensive legal nightmare and also establish precedent for future deals between networks and stuidos with regard to use of "first run" material. Probably a can of worms best left unopened from Fox's point of view, assuming Universal even asked.)

Might be missing something, but why would Universal be involved at all? It's a Fox show aired on Fox IIRC.

#18 of 23 OFFLINE   Joseph DeMartino

Joseph DeMartino

Lead Actor

• 8,303 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted June 09 2007 - 11:49 AM

Quote:
Might be missing something, but why would Universal be involved at all? It's a Fox show aired on Fox IIRC.

Sorry, yes, Fox. (I must have had House on the brain from an earlier post. Posted Image) But it is still the case that the studio and the network operate somewhat autonomously in these matters, and their interests do not always coincide.

Regards,

Joe

#19 of 23 OFFLINE   Katherine_K

Katherine_K

Second Unit

• 456 posts

Posted June 09 2007 - 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph DeMartino
Sorry, yes, Fox. (I must have had House on the brain from an earlier post. Posted Image) But it is still the case that the studio and the network operate somewhat autonomously in these matters, and their interests do not always coincide.

Totally okay, I was just making sure I wasn't confused Posted Image

And Fox is well known for not talking to itself, so that is entirely plausable.

#20 of 23 OFFLINE   Nicholas Martin

Nicholas Martin

Screenwriter

• 2,683 posts

Posted June 10 2007 - 05:29 AM

So if there's talk of the upcoming wedding in that episode, boy are people who aren't in the know (in other words, people who don't follow these things on websites and forums like us Posted Image ) going to be confused.

Oh well..

Back to TV on DVD and Blu-ray

Forum Nav Content I Follow