Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Timeless Media Group - New Releases

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
350 replies to this topic

#341 of 351 OFFLINE   DeWilson

DeWilson

Screenwriter

• 2,079 posts

Posted February 28 2013 - 05:04 AM

Ditto! I haven't even thought of that show in I don't know how long. On a related note - what were the 9 Ziv programmes in the contract with MGM? I'm guessing Highway Patrol, Bat Masterson, Sea Hunt, Science Fiction Theatre (I believe I read this on another board), what else?
Isn't WEST POINT a ZIV show?

#342 of 351 OFFLINE   Gary OS

Gary OS

Producer

• 4,593 posts

Posted February 28 2013 - 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeWilson  Isn't WEST POINT a ZIV show?
Yep.
"Do not challenge supernatural unless armed with sword of truth"
                                             ...CHARLIE CHAN AT TREASURE ISLAND

#343 of 351 ONLINE   classicmovieguy

classicmovieguy

Screenwriter

• 2,096 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted February 28 2013 - 10:56 AM

Put me down if "The Debbie Reynolds Show" is ever released.

"When I get a little money, I buy movies.  If there is some left over I'll attend to utilities and groceries".

My DVD and Blu-ray collection - http://classic-movieguy.dvdaf.com/

#344 of 351 OFFLINE   Richard V

Richard V

Screenwriter

• 1,676 posts

Posted March 01 2013 - 01:51 PM

Just finished watching about 5 episodes of West Point, and I must say the quality is just outstanding for the most part. There are a few dust particles and other minor artifacts, but for the most part, the images are just razor sharp, clean with excellent contrast. If you are familiar with the Naked City DVD's that were released several years ago, these are almost just as good, IMO. I hope the entire series is as good as the episodes I watched. Timeless has knocked it out of the park with this release. I think quality wise, they are just as good as the Peter Gunn release. Man I hope that the Stoney Burke release is as good as this one.
See you at the pah-ty, Richter.

#345 of 351 OFFLINE   Flashgear

Flashgear

Stunt Coordinator

• 123 posts
  • LocationAlberta Canada

Posted March 02 2013 - 12:25 AM

Thank you Richard for reporting on this, glad to hear that the episodes look that great...I don't know if I'd be interested (thematically) in West Point as a blind buy...but seeing as it's set in the mid '50s in the immediate aftermath of the Korean war and during a period where military ethics and code of conduct were major issues at West Point and throughout the U.S. military...the enemy "brainwashing" of prisoners and forced "confessions" to germ warfare and war crimes being much in the news...a very difficult and interesting period where many gallant American heroes suffered beyond their return to stateside....if West Point touches on any of those issues in their storylines I'd be excited...the feature film and broadway show Time Limit dealt with this to great effect...I really enjoyed the Warner Archive release of The Lieutenant and would hope this would be as good as that... I'm really excited about Stoney Burke and can't wait for that!...we're having a great year in classic b/w shows...

#346 of 351 OFFLINE   JoeDoakes

JoeDoakes

Screenwriter

• 2,057 posts

Posted March 08 2013 - 11:48 AM

I saw on TVShowsonDVD the cover art for the upcoming Timeless release Bearcats with Rod Taylor. It looks like a really interesting show, however, from what I could tell the Timeless release does not include the pilot telefilm, Powderkeg. Does anyone know why it was not included (if this is correct)? It seems to be available on some pd collections, does anyone know if any of them have good quality?

#347 of 351 OFFLINE   Flashgear

Flashgear

Stunt Coordinator

• 123 posts
  • LocationAlberta Canada

Posted March 08 2013 - 06:23 PM

I saw on TVShowsonDVD the cover art for the upcoming Timeless release Bearcats with Rod Taylor. It looks like a really interesting show, however, from what I could tell the Timeless release does not include the pilot telefilm, Powderkeg. Does anyone know why it was not included (if this is correct)? It seems to be available on some pd collections, does anyone know if any of them have good quality?
I'm going to blind buy this series...it does sound very interesting, and the price really can't be beat for a 3 disc set...14 episodes total? I do hope it includes the pilot as well, as it sounds exciting with the hostages on the moving train...a good opportunity to show the Stutz Bearcat in pursuit...love you Timeless!

#348 of 351 OFFLINE   mustang

mustang

Stunt Coordinator

• 54 posts

Posted March 08 2013 - 11:29 PM

I'm going to blind buy this series...it does sound very interesting, and the price really can't be beat for a 3 disc set...14 episodes total? I do hope it includes the pilot as well, as it sounds exciting with the hostages on the moving train...a good opportunity to show the Stutz Bearcat in pursuit...love you Timeless!
If You Havent Seen The Show Check it Out On Youtube.

#349 of 351 OFFLINE   HenryDuBrow

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter

• 1,348 posts

Posted March 09 2013 - 05:44 AM

Would love to see them do Kraft Suspense Theatre, I'm sure many fans would like to see this series come out on DVD, and if it's a Universal title perhaps it's possible if the price is reasonable for them plus no rights issues preventing such a release.

#350 of 351 OFFLINE   Regulus

Regulus

Screenwriter

• 2,321 posts

Posted March 09 2013 - 07:06 AM

Maybe as an extra they should include some of the Sponsors Original Commercials. (Kraft Foods) One Episode I saw had a commercial that had a recipe for a Chili-Mac Dish. I'm taking the liberty of posting it for you.: Suspense Chili Mac Ingredients One Pound Ground Beef 1/2 Cup Chopped onions One 14.5 Oz can Diced Tomatoes, Drained 1/2 Lb Velveeta or Similar Cheese product, diced into i/2 inch chunks 3/4 cup Macaroni One Cup Bread Crumbs 2 Tablespoons Margarine Instructions Preheat Oven to 400 Degrees F. Boil Macaroni for 10 minutes, Drain Brown ground beef and Onions in a Skillet Add Tomatoes and Cheese, let cheese melt Add Macaroni, stir until mixed thoroughly Transfer Mixture to a Casserole Dish. Melt Margarine and add to Bread Crumbs Sprinkle Bread Crumb Mixture over Casserole Place casserole in Oven and Cook for 20 Minutes Enjoy! :D

DVD Collection Inventory: TV Episodes - 38,820 :biggrin: ( 830 Series ) :biggrin: Movies - 2,426   :B)  Serial Chapters - 1,201 :B)

#351 of 351 OFFLINE   phenri

phenri

Stunt Coordinator

• 151 posts

Posted March 11 2013 - 03:17 AM

Would love to see them do Kraft Suspense Theatre, I'm sure many fans would like to see this series come out on DVD, and if it's a Universal title perhaps it's possible if the price is reasonable for them plus no rights issues preventing such a release.
Thank you for mentioning Kraft Suspense Theater. I've seen a few episodes on Antenna TV, and I think it is enormously entertaining. This is now on my holy grail DVD list. I think this is something Shout! could possibly release, since they seem to have a good relationship with Universal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users