What's new

Blu-ray Review HTF BLU-RAY REVIEW: CLOSER - HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! (1 Viewer)

Ben_Williams

Second Unit
Real Name
Ben Williams
ronsreviews_covers_84471.jpg">

Ben_Williams

Second Unit
Real Name
Ben Williams

...not to mention 3 Uncompressed PCM 5.1 tracks (English, Russian and Italian), 3 Dolby Digital 5.1 tracks (English, French and Italian) as well as a Descriptive English track for the vision impared. It's amazing what you can fit on a 50 GB disc! I'm sure some might think this is a total waste of space... of course, you wouldn't feel that way if you were Russian or Italian. ;)

Kevin EK

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
No Klingon?
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

You haven't experienced Closer until you've heard it in the original Klingon! No sale! ;)

Ben_Williams

Second Unit
Real Name
Ben Williams

I was going to try to think of something witty to say in Klingon, but I only speak Romulan. :)

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I could not agree more about Clive Owen's work in this film. He was incredible and unforgettable. You got his pain, rage, smug sense of victory, everything. The other three are also terrific, but he's in another galaxy (since we're talking Klingon and Romulan).

Martin Teller

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Teller

With all that, I've got to wonder why there's no Russian, German, or Japanese.

PatWahlquist

Supporting Actor
In Entertainment Weekly right around the Oscars nominations were about to be announced, Lisa Schwarzbaum was touting Owen's performance with this exceptional quote about his performance: "...a man driven to grab what he wants out of life and to punish those who thwart him." It couldn't have been better said.

Ben_Williams

Second Unit
Real Name
Ben Williams
Matt & Pat...

Gald to hear you both agree about Clive. He elevates just about everything he's in to a higher level. In Closer, though, his performance is just pure genius.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks