Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Center Channel Speaker Mounting issue with Sony KDSR60XBR1?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 John_Yanotka

John_Yanotka

Agent

• 31 posts

Posted May 20 2007 - 03:34 PM

I have the Sony KDSR60XBR1 and the matching SUGW12 stand. I just purchased the Paradigm V5 Monitor CC-290 speaker which I was going to place in the stand. Well,it doesnt fit. I am in an apartment and do not want to be drilling holes in the walls,I am only going to be here until April. The speaker is 32 pounds,so I need something pretty sturdy. How would I go about doing this? Ehat are my options? Thanks for the help.

#2 of 2 bassman99floyd

bassman99floyd

Stunt Coordinator

• 95 posts

Posted May 21 2007 - 01:36 AM

I have a B&W HTM1 center channel speaker. It weighs about 80lbs. My buddy built me a stand, consisting of (4) 4" pipes, 6.5 feet long (the height above my TV), which are the legs for my shelf. It's bolted to the underside of a shelf. The four feet can be bolted to 1/2 plywood, paint the pipes and shelf black, and you can hardly notice it, and it can hold my speaker above my 52" LCD, perfectly.
The Man