Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Not too sure; Cleaning

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   mjr

mjr

Agent

• 33 posts

Posted May 20 2007 - 11:44 AM

Can anybody tell me what product(s) I should use to clean my LCD monitor? I'm looking to use something that could be laying around the house as opposed to buying a "special" product. Thanks!

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   joseph westcott

joseph westcott

Second Unit

• 355 posts

Posted May 20 2007 - 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjr
Can anybody tell me what product(s) I should use to clean my LCD monitor? I'm looking to use something that could be laying around the house as opposed to buying a "special" product. Thanks!

The safest cleaner is ordinary dish soap and water. Using chemicals can damage any laminates that may be used in conjuction with the screen. Glass cleaner is a definate NO NO!!!!

Make sure you use a clean, soft cloth and only when the tv is cold. Rinse well with another damp, clean cloth. Make sure you remove any residual soap. It must not be left on the screen to dry. Rinse several times to make sure.

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   mjr

mjr

Agent

• 33 posts

Posted May 20 2007 - 01:30 PM

Thank you, Joseph.

mjr

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   mustangwally

mustangwally

Stunt Coordinator

• 93 posts

Posted May 20 2007 - 03:16 PM

i got a screen cleaner from microsoft in the mail for lcd monitors that works well for getting rid of light dust, should be easy to find one not too expensive