-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Netflix, blockbuster or what?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 Bob_S

Bob_S

Stunt Coordinator

• 87 posts

Posted May 20 2007 - 07:59 AM

Hey, not sure if this is the right place for this. Anyway, I want to get one of these services and I did some searching to see if they had some films I'm looking for. Unfortunately neither had some of the films I would want to rent. The movies I'm looking for a foreign in and Indie and it seems neither of the two choices have a a awesome selection. Is there another alternative I should look at to find harder to locate foreign titles? They both have everything I want for mainstream and US films, but I have a weird obsession with eastern Europe and neither seem to have the films I'd really like to see.

Thanks

#2 of 5 Eric Peterson

Eric Peterson

Screenwriter

• 2,959 posts

Posted May 20 2007 - 10:14 AM

If you're looking for more off-beat and foreign films try Greencine.com.

I've been a member for about 3 years and have pretty good luck. They stock most Criterions as well as many rare and classic films that are not carried by the other major companies.

#3 of 5 Jon Martin

Jon Martin

Screenwriter

• 2,219 posts

Posted May 20 2007 - 10:36 AM

What are you looking for? Netflix has pretty much everything that is in print, and if they don't have it, you can email them and they will most likely get it.

The have an excellent foreign and indie selection.

#4 of 5 Craig Beam

Craig Beam

Screenwriter

• 1,682 posts

Posted May 20 2007 - 10:58 AM

I'm been a happy Netflix customer for years, but I recently gave Blockbuster a three-month try. I cancelled it. Most of my queue selections were in a permanent "wait" status, and it took about twice as long to receive my movies than Netflix.

#5 of 5 Bob_S

Bob_S

Stunt Coordinator

• 87 posts

Posted May 21 2007 - 04:30 AM

Thanks for the replys. After reading some response I thought to myself, wait, maybe the one title in particular I was searching for isn't out on DVD yet! Its Hîrtia va fi albastrã or The Paper Will be Blue. And sure enough, I don't think its on DVD yet. So I think I'll go with netflix, and if I cant find stuff there try out the greencine as well.

Thanks