-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Epic Movie - Oh My, Oh Why?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 of 11 TonyD

TonyD

Executive Producer

• 16,049 posts
  • LocationDisney World and Universal Florida

Posted May 18 2007 - 06:49 PM

There isnt much good to say about this movie other then the picture looks terrific and Jayma Mays is super cute.

she does a pretty good impression of anna farris' persona
of the scary movie, movies
http://imdb.com/name/nm1724323/

everything is nearly pointless.
an entire sequence in the beginning doesnt make sense even in context of this movie.
inside willy wonka's factory.
what was that?

Colin has coined the phrase, it is "recognition humor".
you see a character and say oh yeah there's that guy from that movie.

the pirate music video segment was slightly funny.
especially the women pirates part.
there should have been a punch to the crotch counter. it happens a lot.
also the obligatory super vomit scene with a large amount of projectile going onto everyone.

so the pq looked great not a spec of EE that i could see and the picture was crisp and clear.

i recommend engaging the burp and fart sound effect track as it nearly helps make the movie watchable.(hmm, spell check wants to change watchable to wonk)

i guess i should also mention there is a bunch of extra features including outtakes, and alternate ending.
interviews with the characters about what turns them on and off.
and interview with fred williard as aslo in character.
A feature that allows you access to additional jiucy shots from filming.
an icon pops up and you select the icon for additional gratuitous footage of your favorite hotties from Epic Movie

oh well watch if you choose make up your own mind.

Posted ImagePosted Image

and one more thing.

Roscoe Lee Browne's last movie
facebook.com/whotony

#2 of 11 TonyD

TonyD

Executive Producer

• 16,049 posts
  • LocationDisney World and Universal Florida

Posted May 26 2007 - 01:46 PM

lol, i guess it a good thing no one has put a response to this.
facebook.com/whotony

#3 of 11 SVTStingRay

SVTStingRay

Stunt Coordinator

• 100 posts

Posted May 26 2007 - 04:44 PM

i found date movie was way funnier. this one was barely watchable. they need to give it a rest for a year or 2.

#4 of 11 Adam_WM

Adam_WM

Screenwriter

• 1,626 posts

Posted May 27 2007 - 01:02 PM

If DATE MOVIE was way funnier than this, THIS MUST BE AWFUL. Posted Image

#5 of 11 RyanAn

RyanAn

Screenwriter

• 1,523 posts

Posted May 27 2007 - 01:45 PM

I'd have to disagree and say that Epic Movie was absouletly hysterical.

... I'm just keeeding! Posted Image It's actually way funnier than Date Movie. I was bored out of my skull during Date Movie but had a good'er time with Epic Movie. That being said, I don't own nor do I plan to own any, plus I saw them for free.

Total $ spent on the franchise: 0.00
Total hours spent on the franchise: 3.5 ;(

ry

#6 of 11 Colin Jacobson

Colin Jacobson

Producer

• 5,222 posts

Posted May 28 2007 - 02:38 AM

Both Date and Epic are absolutely atrocious. Epic is slightly better than Date, but that's like saying that getting your legs eaten by alligators is better than squirrels gnawing off your balls...
Colin Jacobson
http://www.dvdmg.com

#7 of 11 Michael Harris

Michael Harris

Screenwriter

• 1,344 posts

Posted May 28 2007 - 02:51 AM

Quote:
but that's like saying that getting your legs eaten by alligators is better than squirrels gnawing off your balls...

That is too funny because I remember a movie critic once saying that a movie was "better" was like saying that death by lethal injection was better than crucifixtion. Can't remember the movie's name though.

#8 of 11 Mark Edward Heuck

Mark Edward Heuck

Screenwriter

• 1,142 posts

Posted May 28 2007 - 09:56 PM

Did anyone notice during the theatrical release that 20th Century-Fox removed all their logos from the advertising? Only the Regency Enterprises logo was featured. Perhaps not, as how many people are that inside baseball, but I think it is very telling that Fox wanted to create some distance between themselves and this film, as if they knew they should be ashamed of themselves.
"As I looked back over my life, I realized that I enjoyed nothing--not art, not sex--more than going to the movies." -- Gore Vidal

#9 of 11 Radioman970

Radioman970

Producer

• 5,704 posts
  • LocationCould be anywhere

Posted May 29 2007 - 12:04 AM

I like how the trailer for this conveniently showed me how unfunny it is. I wish all trailers provided such a realistic sneak preview. I'd save a lot of money.
Silly Party Candidate:  Tarquin Fin- tim- lim- bim- whin- bim- lim- bus- stop- F'tang- F'tang- Olè- Biscuitbarrel

#10 of 11 alan halvorson

alan halvorson

Screenwriter

• 2,021 posts

Posted May 29 2007 - 02:22 PM

A quote about Jayma Mays from IMDB:

Quote:
Enjoys doing long division and multiplying fractions in her spare time

They're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!
They're coming to take me away, ho-ho, hee-hee, ha-haaa To the funny farm. Where life is beautiful all the time and I'll be happy to see those nice young men in their clean white coats and they're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!!!!
- Napoleon XIV

#11 of 11 Gabe D

Gabe D

Screenwriter

• 2,173 posts

Posted May 30 2007 - 02:24 AM

With a movie like this, I wish they would replace the dirtier unrated version with a cleaner PG version. I understand why they don't, but I think the jokes are more appropriate to the 4 to 10-year-old sense of humor: familiar characters acting silly and plenty of toilet jokes. I know my kids (ages 4 and 8) would laugh at Epic Movie a LOT more than I did. Unfortunately, I won't let them watch it until they are old enough that they won't enjoy it.

Forum Nav Content I Follow