What's new

Help with movie title (1 Viewer)

Tony Int

Agent
Okay, let me state up front that it was not the best scary movie, but I think that a friend of mine who only enjoys their scary movies on the lite side would like this one. My guess is the movie came out in the past 5 years and was direct to video (or a tv movie). I saw it on a channel like HBO last year and cannot remember the name or any of the actors in it. So here it goes....

Two brothers are home while their parents go out for the night. One is a teenager and the other about 10. The younger brother is afraid of the dark because a ghost appears to him. In my memory the ghost is dressed like a cowboy, but I think it might be more of long jacket and large brimmed hat. It is storming and the lights go out. Of course the older boy doesn't believe the younger one, but slowly comes to believe that there is something in the house. I remember at some point the younger one goes into the attic to get flashlights or lanterns (some lighting device). The only other thing I remember is that at one point the teenage brother's girlfriend comes over because she suspects something is happening (she had been on the phone with him). Any guesses on what this could be? If I think of more details I will post them.

Thanks!!

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Replace the cowboy ghost with evil clowns and it sounds kinda like "Clownhouse." But the cowboy doesn't ring any bells.

Tony Int

Agent
Well I found it! It is "Fear of the dark". I remembered the title was something like "Don't be afraid of the dark" and then went on IMDB doing searches like "Scared of the dark" etc and found it. Now I hope that my friend likes it after driving myself crazy trying to think of it all day.

Thanks for the replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks