Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

FT: Japanese HD-DVD Import "Fragile: A Ghost Story"

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 of 8 RobertCH

RobertCH

Stunt Coordinator

• 80 posts

Posted May 17 2007 - 07:03 PM

I'm looking to trade a once viewed copy of Jaume Balaguero's (THE NAMELESS / DARKNESS) latest Spanish Horror film starring Calista Flockhart, called Fragile. This is a great HD-DVD release with PQ better (on my system at least) than Reign of Fire or Equilibrium, two high profile Japanese releases well regarded for their PQ. The audio is also EXCELLENT. Great sound effects, surround use and monster base greatly add to the effectiveness of this ghost story. The movie is also quite good, with a plethora of scary and tense moments.

I'm looking to trade it for one of three HD-DVD imports: the German version of Renaissance, the Spanish version of Underworld: Evolution, and the UK version of Harry Potter. Renaissance is my #1 preference, so I might hold out for a bit for that one.

If I get no trade offers I might eventually be willing to sell it. This disk sells for $48 shipped from amazon.co.jp and $40 shipped from xploited, fwiw.

#2 of 8 TedJr

TedJr

Agent

• 26 posts

Posted May 18 2007 - 08:47 AM

If you do not get your trade I would be willing to buy it. Thanks.

#3 of 8 RobertCH

RobertCH

Stunt Coordinator

• 80 posts

Posted May 19 2007 - 08:41 AM

Phew, when the bills hit they hit hard! I think I could use the money on this as opposed to a trade. I have one PM expressing interest in buying this disk, but because you posted first Ted you have first dibs. With USPS raising their rates, lets say, what, $33 shipped?

#4 of 8 TedJr

TedJr

Agent

• 26 posts

Posted May 19 2007 - 10:04 AM

I think that is fair. PM me with payment information. Thanks.

#5 of 8 RobertCH

RobertCH

Stunt Coordinator

• 80 posts

Posted May 19 2007 - 01:16 PM

PM sent. Thanks.

#6 of 8 RobertCH

RobertCH

Stunt Coordinator

• 80 posts

Posted May 21 2007 - 04:34 AM

I haven't received payment yet. Do you still want it Ted?

#7 of 8 RobertCH

RobertCH

Stunt Coordinator

• 80 posts

Posted May 25 2007 - 09:01 AM

Sold. Thanks!

#8 of 8 TedJr

TedJr

Agent

• 26 posts

Posted May 25 2007 - 09:16 AM

Thanks Robert!