Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

SONY's 34" FD Trinitron WEGA XBR HDTV- their LAST CRT??

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   MielR

MielR

Advanced Member

• 990 posts

Posted May 17 2007 - 04:39 PM

I no longer see CRTs on Sony's website, and I'm wondering if the KD-34XBR970 is their last one made. If so, that's pretty sad, expecially since the LCDs and Plasmas I've seen so far haven't impressed me. I've seen this model on sale in a couple of places (ranging from about $599 to $699) and I'm wondering if anyone recommends this TV over an LCD or Plasma. I'm tempted to rush out and get one before they're all gone, but frankly, the size and weight of this TV are holding me back. Once you put it someplace- it's there.
SAVE STAR WARS! BOYCOTT THE BLU-RAYS! "Like" us here:

http://www.facebook....ycotttheblurays

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   Chris Moe

Chris Moe

Screenwriter

• 1,087 posts

Posted May 18 2007 - 07:01 AM

If that is true it is very sad Posted Image I hate seeing CRT getting phased out when digitals still can't make a real black. I'll be hanging on to my G70 for a very, very long time.

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   MielR

MielR

Advanced Member

• 990 posts

Posted May 18 2007 - 06:11 PM

Indeed. Unfortunately, it seems to be true. It's the end of an era and a mistake, IMO. I don't mind being forced into a new technology if it's a change for the better- but I don't think that's the case here.

BTW- I have a Sony 7" B&W solid state AC/DC made in 1975- and it still works. It's the only way I can watch TV when the cable and/or power goes out- how's that for irony! Posted Image
SAVE STAR WARS! BOYCOTT THE BLU-RAYS! "Like" us here:

http://www.facebook....ycotttheblurays

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users