Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Direct access to .Mac / iWeb upload site?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 DaveF

DaveF

Executive Producer

• 13,174 posts
  • LocationOne Loudoun, Ashburn, VA

Posted May 17 2007 - 12:05 PM

Is there a way to directly access one's iWeb-uploaded files on a .Mac account? We've rummaged through her iDisk directory and there's nothing there for the website.

My wife has a recurring problem with her iWeb created site, where images vanish. If we could directly access where iWeb publishes her website, we could possibly learn more about why the images vanish.

Thanks.

#2 of 5 JohnRice

JohnRice

Lead Actor

• 8,452 posts

Posted May 17 2007 - 02:36 PM

You mean ftp access? Somehow I kind of doubt it.

The Hybrid System

The Music Part: Emotiva XSP-1, Thiel CS 3.6, Emotiva XPA-2, Marantz SA8004, Emotiva ERC-3, SVS PB-12 Plus 2

The Surround Part: Sherbourn PT-7030, Thiel SCS3, Emotiva XPA-5, Polk & Emotiva Surrounds.

#3 of 5 Oren

Oren

Stunt Coordinator

• 178 posts

Posted May 17 2007 - 02:59 PM

You can directly access all the files (and manually edit them) via the finder. Open your iDisk in a finder windows, and navigate to /Web/Sites/iWeb.

Note: if you do manually edit them, they will be overwritten by iWeb the next time you sync.

#4 of 5 DaveF

DaveF

Executive Producer

• 13,174 posts
  • LocationOne Loudoun, Ashburn, VA

Posted May 18 2007 - 03:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oren
You can directly access all the files (and manually edit them) via the finder. Open your iDisk in a finder windows, and navigate to /Web/Sites/iWeb.

Note: if you do manually edit them, they will be overwritten by iWeb the next time you sync.
Surprisingly, the website files are not found in that directly.

Basically, I want FTP access to the iWeb file location. On occaision, images disappear from my wife's iWeb-produced website. If I could examine the file location at the time, I might be able to determine if files are being deleted, moved; if the HTML code is being modified, or whatever. This is not the only solution approach but it seemed simple enough until I ran into Apple's (frustrating) over-protection scheme of hiding the code.

#5 of 5 Ken Chan

Ken Chan

Producer

• 3,302 posts

Posted May 18 2007 - 06:02 AM

.Mac exposes its content through WebDAV. That's what the Finder uses to show you the iDisk, but you might try another WebDAV client. The URL is of the form: http://idisk.mac.com/membername