What's new

The Fifth Element to be remastered and re-released on BD (1 Viewer)

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Someone commented on there that buyers of the original DVD can get a replacement for cost of shipping. Heresay. Hopefully that's true. Not that I bought it. I'll buy this release when I get a player. Very fun film.

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann
That would be a good thing for Sony to do. One way or the other, if the QC issues have been resolved, I will replace my existing disk. IMHO, this is a must own disk.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I always felt the standard was one of the best in my collection. Well, up until the OT Star Wars set came out.

I'll have no problem double dipping here. I'm one of the few people I know of who even likes Tucker's annoying DJ character. He's good because he is annoying. So many didn't get that for some reason! :D

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
Old news, for those of us who hang out at AVS.

The replacement notion has been tossed around for a long, long time now. Hopefully it will happen.

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann
The reissue was an old rumor to us that hang around th HTF too. But now it looks like the old rumor has turned into new news, with a release timeframe too boot.

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
The release date was up at AVS earlier this week, Monday actually. You can get the catalog number, UPC, and pre-order date there too if you like.

There may be a lot more bickering there, but it's certainly become a much hotter news spot than HTF as of late. This place has become a bit dull I'm afraid.

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member

Three words. Virtual. Stripper. Avatars. ;)

Honestly, I prefer it 'boring' here. I go to the AVS Forum to learn about and debug hardware, not to get my software news. Any place that bases PQ solely on eye-candy and considers Bullitt 'brutal' in no place for me. Here we love movies, not technology. So, in the end, I stick with what each place does 'best', IMO.

JayDerek

Stunt Coordinator

Yeah, their 'tier lists' really project the feeling that it's all that matters in a film. VERY frustrating

MarkHarrison

Supporting Actor

It does serve one good purpose. I'm planning on getting my first HD player next week and I don't care what anyone says, I want to see something pretty. I have about 700 DVDs of what I would call quality movies. I have no problem with my first few HD DVDs not being the best movies around (although I'll do my best). I just want to know what looks good. Once I get over the WOW factor, then I can concentrate on quality again, but please give me a week or two reprieve. :D

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
I like Paul's stripper avatar idea. :D

Oh and great to finally have a date for this, passed on the initial release due to the poor word of mouth.

Hopefully it's demo quality this time.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Great news, especially if we original owners can trade in.

Now if we can only get Lionsgate to fix the Stargate BD, I'll be golden.

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
Lionsgate also needs to release a remastered T2 with both cuts and all the goodies from the SD SE.

LarryH

Supporting Actor
Th only reason I have the original mess is that I pre-ordered it from Amazon before news of its faults broke. I guess now I'll wait and see if the trade-in rumor pans out.

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
I hope to get a pre-release copy of this to put it through the paces. Sony won't be using DN for the TrueHD stream on this title... it should have both TrueHD and PCM according to what the Sony rep at AVS said a few weeks back. Paidgeek (the Sony insider who posts at AVS) has confirmed that owners of the current disc will be offered an exchange for the new disc free of charge.

Many members are leary to post information at HTF because the new trend seems to be to attack anyone who shares information that's hasn't been officially released by a studio's PR department. That cuts out a lot of information shared by insiders with members both on and off the board.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Is Dolby True HD been confirmed for the rerelease of 5th Element? I am guessing that as long as it includes DTHD that may be the only way to tell its the reissue and not the inferior first release.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sharel
Recent bookmarks