What's new

Get $100 off HD DVD Gen 2 starting this weekend--no MiR! (1 Viewer)

if200

Agent
Real Name
Diane
Down to $240 on amazon. Picked one up at costco this week and I'm still not convinced that the picture is better than my regular DVD player. I don't watch many movies and haven't bought any HDDVD movies yet so I will take a little while to decide if I will keep it. The great return policy at Costco makes it easier to try things out.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
It amy or may not be better than your current DVD player for standard DVDs. Put an HD DVD in it and then you will see what it's all about. Some of the online places rent HD movies if you want to give it a spin without buying software.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John

They changed their return policy, specifically regarding electronics, late last year so you better read up on it before assuming you can return it whenever you want for full credit. Many items are now 90 days.

if200

Agent
Real Name
Diane
Costco gives you at least 90 days to return electronics and forever for everything else. They define electronics as

Televisions
Computer
Cameras
Camcorders
Cell Phones
Ipods/mp3 players

No mention of DVD players

Alfonso_M

Second Unit

They also include regular cordless phone sets under their new 90 days return limit. :frowning:

My local store doesn't stock any HD DVD players. I just came back and they can't even find the the HD -D2 on their screen.

Anyone has the "Item Number" handy? Maybe I can get a friend to order one for me from a different store.

By the way after a search on their site I only see the HDA20 displayed for 429.00. Could it be that the HDA20 was discontinued by Costco already??

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks