What's new

Zodiac - Due 7/24/07 (1 Viewer)

Patrick Mirza

Supporting Actor
Paramount Home Entertainment will release Zodiac on July 24th. As a serial killer terrifies the San Francisco Bay Area and taunts police with his ciphers and letters, investigators in four jurisdictions search for the murderer. Directed by David Fincher and based on the actual case files of one of the most intriguing unsolved crimes in the nation's history. Available in separate anamorphic widescreen and fullscreen editions, each with Dolby Digital 5.1 tracks, extras will be announced shortly. Retail is $29.99.

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
So close to the original poster art, and yet so far.

Ah well, at least the movie's good.

Steve Y

Supporting Actor
They all look a little constipated on that cover, but that still doesn't stop this from being one of the best movies of the year. Definitely worth a purchase. This movie captured the feeling of the SF Bay Area in the 20th century better than any movie from recent memory. A haunting, well-crafted movie that never gets tiresome despite its length. :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
This is indeed a great film. Probably the best so far this year.

However, I don't know if it is one I can see myself watching multiple times.

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member
When they're making a floating heads/names cover, why can't they line up the names with the heads? It's really annoying.

If the DVD is light on extras, I'll probably rent it to see if it's worth owning. Otherwise, I'll wait for the SE or a price drop down the line.

Tim RP

Stunt Coordinator

Indeedy - got to have the floaty heads to sell 'product'. Tossers.

Hopefully this will be some bare bones rubbish. The SE will come later - Fincher wouldn't let us down...

AaronMan

Second Unit
Real Name
Aaron
Does it bug anyone else when they don't line up the actor's name with his/her face on the box? In this case, they need to switch Gyllenhaal's and Downey's names so they are positioned over the correct person. I guess its a pet peeve of mine. Or, I wish they would just use the movie poster which blows this cover art away.

Oh, and this film deserves the Criterion treatment, considering the exhaustive research Fincher did on the Zodiac killer and the absolutely brilliant visual effects that were seemlessly integrated into the film.

ErichH

Screenwriter

As in Anamorphic remaster for DVD, some SE treatment perhaps? You get the idea.

As for names over heads, this is a long standing treatment by many cover artist (loose term huh) It bugs me as well, but as long as the DVD is great, I'll forget the bozos who do the art.

E

Kyle_D

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kyle Dickinson
I know I read somewhere around the time of the release that David Prior was working on a Zodiac special edition that had some astronomical budget for a DVD ($750,000 I think) and it would include a director's cut that runs 3+ hours.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Terrific movie. The DVD needs to have a second disc though and include a documentary on the actual events that the movie is based on. I'll wait for the eventual special edition.

PaulaJ

Supporting Actor
Gyllenhaal looks cross-eyed... what a odd photo to use for the DVD cover.

Yes, I'd like a two-disc special edition too. Which probably means I'll be double-dipping on this title. The studios know how to squeeze the $$$ out of me.

Reign Over Me is also being released on July 24 but no specs or art yet.

Chris Moe

Screenwriter
I've read the Zodiac book twice and really enjoyed the movie. I don't think I will pick this up though, I'll wait for the special edition that has more bonus features.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
My fav film so far this year. I thought we were getting a Dir Cut on DVD.

BTW, That cover sucks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks