What's new

Blade Runner 25th Anniversary & Kubrick Collection Advertising Insert (1 Viewer)

Jon Moss

Stunt Coordinator
I've mentioned this in the recent 2001 - A Space Odyssey on HD-DVD discussion thread, but thought it was important enough to do a separate post, for those who are interested & may have missed it.

This flyer was included in my Ultimate Matrix HD-DVD Boxset;

It's good to see a date in print for the Blade Runner HD-DVD :) I only hope Warner can stick to it. I remember the early flyers included in the first HD-DVD releases that touted Harry Potter as coming in Summer 2006. Unfortunately, you guys in the US are still waiting..

As for the Kubrick collection, hopefully the Full Metal Jacket release is remastered, as the current HD-DVD is well known for it's problematic transfer. Fingers crossed too that Eyes Wide Shut is the unrated version.

Personally I can't wait for all these. It seems the whole year is shaping up to be a costly one for us HD nuts!

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member
The more I hear regarding the Q4 HD releases, the more I'm starting to think the guys that sold off all their SD DVDs aren't nuts. Not only is going back to SD a let down, but, damn it, I'm going to need to free up some cash to afford all of this! :)

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
Well I responded about this in the Kubrick thread already but...............Blade Runner in October! A Kubrick Christmas?! Woo Hoo! Bring 'em on!
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif
htf_images_smilies_dance.gif
htf_images_smilies_rock.gif
htf_images_smilies_drum.gif

Jim_E

Stunt Coordinator
Interesting that the Blade Runner Ad only mentions HD-DVD, whereas the Kubrick one mentions both. I know Warner said they'd release Blade Runner on both - I hope for the BD people it isn't delayed until the issues with the interactive features are ironed out.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
Don't count on it. Unless BD Java is sorted out well before October, a BD release may not happen for some time.

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
The link at the bits doesn't work anymore, but I think the Blade Runner set was like $100. But I think that was Australian dollars if that helps.

I just remember it registered as a lot. I want all the cuts, but I'll sure be shopping for specials. And I don't doubt it will be a longer wait for BD. More time to save the money I guess.

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann
These are great movies and it is good to see release dates posted with them. Can't wait.

Not me. I have had the EU version of for nearly 9 months. It is a great release.

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S

Very excited about the Kubrick releases but there's no way I'm buying Eyes Wide Shut if it's the rated/edited/whatever release.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Very disappointed that the upcoming Kubrick Collection doesn't appear to include Barry Lyndon. The current 1.66:1 transfer is beautiful - but NOT anamorphic, and as such is perhaps most in need of an upgrade.

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
Eyes Wide Shut will be unrated/uncensored. WB already promised that, and they're pretty good in coming through on such promises.

Here's hoping that 1) the Stanley Kubrick: A Life In Pictures doc is on one of the discs, and that 2) Lolita and Barry Lyndon are not far behind as they will apparently be the only remaining WB owned Kubrick films not on HD/BD.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Either way, both formats are going to have some great titles released in 4th qtr.

Harminder

Second Unit
Real Name
Harminder
BLADE RUNNER and A CLOCKWORK ORANGE and 2001 A SPACE ODYSSEY? OH MY!

I simply can't wait for Oct. to come sooner!

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann
I hope Blade Runner is the director's cut, without Harrison Ford's voice over.

BrettGallman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett
I'm sure the Blade Runner release will be the same as the SD set, which is going to include all of the existing cuts and the upcoming final cut.

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S

Was this promised in the HTF chat from a couple months ago? Because now that I think about it I vaguely recall them saying it would be unedited.

Mike.B

Stunt Coordinator

I was under that impression as well. Hopefully (wish there was a "fingers crossed" smilie).

Juan C

Second Unit
Good news all around.

WRT Kubrick, it will be interesting to see what aspect ratios will be used on The Shining and Eyes Wide Shut.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks