Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

$400 GC at Cambridge Soundworks

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   Don T

Don T

Stunt Coordinator

• 77 posts

Posted May 16 2007 - 01:05 AM

Hello All, I just realized I had a GC for $400 at Cambridge. I know nothing about them. I know nothing about them, but figured I might as well use it. For my HT set up, my weakest link is the receiver, a Yamaha RX V995. But to be honest, I don't really have a need for more. What should I spend the four hundred bucks on that would an improvement to my HT? Thank you, Don

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   Ron Connolly

Ron Connolly

Agent

• 28 posts
  • LocationSan Jose, Ca.

Posted May 16 2007 - 02:25 AM

Hi Don! I think if I forgot I had a $400 GC the first thing I would buy is a white board and some markers so I could make a note of it and hang the white board in a prominent place like on the inside of the front door. Just kidding! DO you need another subwoofer? how about Cambridge SoundWorks BassCube 12S Powered Subwoofer for $349.99. Have fun with it!
Ron Connolly
San Jose, Ca.

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   Don T

Don T

Stunt Coordinator

• 77 posts

Posted May 16 2007 - 11:23 AM

Hello Ron, Thanks for making me smile! I don't know if I will need another sub, I think they one I am buying is going to be a thunderbolt, but we will see. I don't know if they sell DVD players, but a High Def DVD might be an option as well! Thank you, Don

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   Bob McElfresh

Bob McElfresh

Producer

• 5,183 posts

Posted May 17 2007 - 04:39 PM

That Yamaha receiver is a few years old, but it's a well respected unit. See if Cambridge Soundworks sells Logitech Harmony universal remotes. These are wonderful devices to give you one-button control of your system. I spent about $120 for the 688 model (which has PVR skip forward/back buttons).

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   Don T

Don T

Stunt Coordinator

• 77 posts

Posted May 18 2007 - 12:24 AM

Hello Bob, I have a Harmony 890 and friggin love that thing. I have enjoyed it so much that I bought my mother a 880 for Mother's day (its in the tweaking thread under remotes). I am pretty happy with my current receiver, I guess I will just hold on the the GC, until I find out what is happening with the format war. Thank you, Don

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users