What's new

MS releases HD DVD add-on update to address SQ issues (1 Viewer)

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann
Microsoft has released an update for the HD Add-on that addresses disk compatibility and SQ issues. Can't wait to try it out...

Manuel

Stunt Coordinator
I had a chance to play with this a few mninutes this morning. First, you have to put in a HD-DVD for the update to load. Setting the player to DTS is done after your HD-DVD movie is on, press the Display button on the remote, then go to digital audio.

My initial impressions: I have always had a hard time to get the player to read my Batman Begins disc. Usually takes 4 to 5 eject/loads to work IF it works. It now worked 2 times after 2 loads and the 3rd time it loaded right away. Not only did I have loading problems with BB but I had major audio issues where the video and audio were just slightly off. It is now perfect ( at least to my eyes) and have checked it after every load. Also, I have set my audio for HD-DVDs to DTS. I hear a little bit better range and clarity. However, I am no expert so it could be that I am trying too hard to hear a difference.

Question for those of you in the know. i have a Harmony 659 that I run everything through. Is there any way to get the remote to learn the code for pressing to the side on the 360's left thumb stick? I cannot get this to work.

hi david just hddvd in the add on and it will update before the movie starts. i did it this morning with batman begins.

captainjoe

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Sam
How can you make your sound option set to DTS? Is it something you have to do on the X-box itself?

Joe RZ

Stunt Coordinator
Insert hd-dvd. Hit the display button on remote. Navigate over to audio options. The settings are not on dashboard blades.

Mike.B

Stunt Coordinator
I like how you can turn subtitles off/on using the display button on the remote now. Previously you had to go through the disc menu.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hemolens
Recent bookmarks