What's new

7.1 receiver not working??? (1 Viewer)

leafswillwin

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John
Hey guys,

I have an rxv -659 and i am having a problem with the output. when i have a 5.1 source the surround back speakers are not on. I understand this because its not 6.1 or 7.1 source. But i thought the receiver would send the same signals to the surround back as well. So for example the the surround left and surround back left have the same signal, and the same for the right side. This way the sound behind you sounds better. how can i get the surround back to also work with 5.1??

How can I get my receiver to do this??

thanks

leafswillwin

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John
yes when I ran the mic setup the surround back was configured. It is fine, for example with 6.1 movies my surround backs operate also with 7ch stereo (which is the same signal on all 7 speakers) also works. Its just for 5.1 movies where the surround backs dont run but i want them to sound with the same signal as the side surrounds. any ideas?

thanks

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
Not really sure (just 5.1 here), but do you have to engage Pro Logic II or something to get it to extract those back channels from 5.1?

Ed Moxley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ed
Pro Logic IIx should send it to the back speakers.
So, you won't be listening to DD or DTS, to do this...............

John Brill

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John

Actually, you have two options. You can engage PLIIx and use the Pro Logic decoder to matrix 5.1 into 6.1/7.1 (depending on what you have your system set-up as, in your case 7.1) or you can engage DD EX which will use the Dolby Digital decoder to matrix 5.1 into 6.1/7.1

Page 52 of your manual should explain this. My older RX-V540 works this way as well to convert 5.1 into 6.1 by hitting the "auto" button on the remote to switch between off, auto, 6.1.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks