Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Paramount TV DVD Cases: Who makes 'em and where can I buy 'em?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 of 10 OFFLINE   Mike Miskulin

Mike Miskulin

Second Unit

• 386 posts

Posted May 13 2007 - 03:16 PM

I'm referring to the "standard-width" clear cases that can hold 6 discs (like Beauty and the Beast, 7th Heaven, and others). Two discs are held on each inner cover, while the remaining four are held on two inserts. There's no overlapping discs, and it saves a lot of shelf space. Anyone know who makes these cases and any place that sells them? mike.
Do it Right or Don't Do it at All.®

#2 of 10 OFFLINE   RoyM

RoyM

Stunt Coordinator

• 204 posts

Posted May 14 2007 - 11:00 AM

Mike,

These guys have what you're looking for: six and even eight dvd standard (more or less) width cases. I've purchased multi-disc cases from them before, and they are quite dependable.

http://www.sleevetow...-dvd-case.shtml

#3 of 10 OFFLINE   Mike Miskulin

Mike Miskulin

Second Unit

• 386 posts

Posted May 14 2007 - 12:25 PM

Roy,

Thanks for the reply, but those aren't the cases I'm looking for. I've been using these cases for the last year and a half:

http://www.shop4tech.com/item3706.html

They are 14mm width spines (the standard keepcase width) and have worked pretty well. However, the case holds two discs on each inner cover and they overlap. The cases Paramount/CBS has been using also have a 14mm width, but do not have any overlapping discs.

Unfortunately, most online shops I've seen only offer either the case I've linked above (which is fine), or the 26mm and wider spines like sleevetown has (which is too thick for my liking).

mike.

#4 of 10 OFFLINE   Mike Miskulin

Mike Miskulin

Second Unit

• 386 posts

Posted May 18 2007 - 11:26 AM

Thanks to new member Bob Flaminio, the cases have been located!

http://www.pcx.com.a....aging,14mm,six

One problem, though: They're ~$2.75 US dollars each!!!Posted Image

Now if someone can find a stateside dealer selling these for under a buck, I'll give you a shiney nickel.*

mike.

*nickel not included

#5 of 10 OFFLINE   RickER

RickER

Producer

• 5,130 posts
  • LocationTulsa, Oklahoma

Posted May 18 2007 - 12:43 PM

Hey those ARE sweet cases. I wish i could find the double slims too. The ones found on most sites are not that slim as the Paramount ones.

#6 of 10 OFFLINE   flaminio

flaminio

Auditioning

• 9 posts

Posted April 01 2008 - 03:42 PM

There's a US distributor now for six disc 14mm cases: www . cdrom2go . com / product-moreinfo.asp ? P=P59056Z0000000DVD6BLK

#7 of 10 OFFLINE   AndyMcKinney

AndyMcKinney

Screenwriter

• 2,100 posts
  • LocationKentucky, USA

Posted April 02 2008 - 12:35 AM

PolylineCorp.com has slimline DVD cases, both single and double. About 30 cents each in quantities of 100 or more. I use them all the time. They're about half the width of a keepcase (think they're the same width as the slimline cases that Fox uses on some of it's TV on DVD product). Polyline also have something I've not used before called an "ultra" slimline that's slimmer than standard cases. You can call their number and ask for a free sample of any product. They also have sample "kits" (i.e. a kit with one each of their single disc cases and a kit with one each of their double cases). These kits are also free.

#8 of 10 OFFLINE   RickER

RickER

Producer

• 5,130 posts
  • LocationTulsa, Oklahoma

Posted April 02 2008 - 03:57 PM

Thanks Andy for the update. I will have to check into these slim cases!

#9 of 10 OFFLINE   Charles Ellis

Charles Ellis

Screenwriter

• 1,924 posts

Posted April 03 2008 - 01:29 AM

Do what I do: search eBay!
Bring "The continuing story of PEYTON PLACE" home on DVD: the one that started it all- from Dallas and Dynasty to Desperate Housewives and Gossip Girl!!! Starting this May, see the legendary saga starring Mia Farrow, Ryan O'Neal, Barbara Parkins, and Oscar-winner Dorothy Malone on DVD thru...

#10 of 10 OFFLINE   Mike Miskulin

Mike Miskulin

Second Unit

• 386 posts

Posted June 21 2008 - 06:52 AM

Dredging this topic up once again to see if anyone knows of any company aside from the site linked in post #4 selling these CBS-style 6 disc cases. eBay doesn't have them, nor do any of the usual US-based sited I've checked. It still looks like the only option now is the Aussie-based site, but it'll cost ya: >$2.50 USD/keepcase and only if you buy them by the 100 pack!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users