Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

#1 of 14 OFFLINE   yamiiguy

yamiiguy

Extra

• 21 posts

Posted May 08 2007 - 09:54 PM

I just discovered that Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Season 1 is being released in Germany on 22nd May. Maybe this highlights an upcoming R1 release?

#2 of 14 OFFLINE   Sammy-G

Sammy-G

Stunt Coordinator

• 85 posts

Posted May 09 2007 - 01:18 AM

I hope so. I figured this would be a no-brainer release for Disney by now. I'm still not clear on whether or not the DVDs are dubbed in German though...if they're not, I'll probably buy them since Disney doesn't seem to have plans to release them in the near future.
Most-wanted R1s: The Patsy (1927); Personal Property (1937); Ever Since Eve (1937); Hold Back the Dawn (1941); Two-Faced Woman (1941); Kitty (1945); Yolanda and the Thief (1945); Black Magic (1949); Rapture (1965)

#3 of 14 OFFLINE   Demis G

Demis G

Second Unit

• 418 posts

Posted May 09 2007 - 01:38 AM

Sammy on the Amazon.de site, it reports

Sprache: Deutsch, Englisch

So it has both German AND English on them

#4 of 14 OFFLINE   WhitneyG

WhitneyG

Stunt Coordinator

• 102 posts

Posted May 09 2007 - 02:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamiiguy
Maybe this highlights an upcoming R1 release?
Unlikely. The German company behind this has been releasing PR DVDs, including box sets, for quite some time now. True this is the first time one of their releases both is a season release AND includes English audio (prior releases had English or were a box set or neither), but I doubt that will matter. Disney seems certain that PR is not worthy of DVD releases beyond single disc releases that, together, only include the first 1/3 to 2/3 of the current season.

#5 of 14 OFFLINE   Sammy-G

Sammy-G

Stunt Coordinator

• 85 posts

Posted May 09 2007 - 03:02 AM

Thanks, Demis, for the clarification. That makes it a sale for me. Posted Image

Looking at the Amazon page, I've got to nit-pick a little at the fact that they're using the movie poster art for the cover, but maybe they were going for an edgier look. Either way, I'm happy to have these finally on DVD.
Most-wanted R1s: The Patsy (1927); Personal Property (1937); Ever Since Eve (1937); Hold Back the Dawn (1941); Two-Faced Woman (1941); Kitty (1945); Yolanda and the Thief (1945); Black Magic (1949); Rapture (1965)

#6 of 14 OFFLINE   Demis G

Demis G

Second Unit

• 418 posts

Posted May 09 2007 - 05:13 PM

..and the press release mentioning Season 2 and 3 as well !!

Foreign Media Group Germany has announced the DVD release of Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Complete First Season. The 6-disc set will include all 60 episodes from the first season, and will retail for €29.99 ($40.91). The audio will feature both the original English and German 2.0 stereo audio and runtime is 1300 minutes.

Extra features will include:

- Photo galleries
- A Message from the Power Rangers clips
- Jason David Frank in Germany
- Biographies and cast info (in German only)

The discs will be housed in 5 slimcases inside a regular slipcover, and s2 and s3 are tentavely scheduled for July and December releases, respectively.

Episodes:

Disc 1: Day of the Dumpster, High Five, Teamwork, A Pressing Engagement, Different Drum, Food Fight, Big Sisters, Switching Places, I, Eye Guy, Foul Play in the Sky
Disc 2: For Whom the Bell Trolls, Happy Birthday Zack, No Clowning Around, Power Ranger Punks, Peace, Love and Woe, Dark Warrior, Green With Evil Part 1, Green with Evil Part 2, Green With Evil Part 3, Green With Evil Part 4
Disc 3: Green With Evil Part 5, The Trouble With Shellshock, Itsy Bitsy Spider, The Spit Flower, Life's a Masquerade, Gung Ho!, Island of Illusion Part 1, Island of Illusion Part 2, Wheel of Misfortune, The Rockstar
Disc 4: Calamity Kimberly, A Star is Born, The Yolk's on You!, The Green Candle Part I, The Green Candle Part II, Birds of a Feather, Clean-Up Club, A Bad Reflection on You, Doomsday Part I, Doomsday Part II
Disc 5: A Pig Surprise, Something Fishy, Lions & Blizzards, Rita's Seed of Evil, To Flea or Not to Flee, Reign of the Jellyfish, Crystal of Nightmares, Plague of the Mantis, Return of an Old Friend Part I, Return of an Old Friend Part II
Disc 6: Grumble Bee, Two Heads are Better than One, Fowl Play, Trick or Treat, Second Chance, On Fins and Needles, Enter...The Lizzinator, Football Season, Mighty Morphin' Mutants, An Oyster Stew

Season 2 is planned for July and Season 3 in December

#7 of 14 OFFLINE   Beau

Beau

Supporting Actor

• 503 posts

Posted May 10 2007 - 04:38 AM

Oh man, I'd so buy at least the first few seasons of this. I was a huge Ranger fan back in the day. I'd be really interested in getting all the episode up till Jason, Zach, and Trini left the show.

#8 of 14 OFFLINE   AnthonyC

AnthonyC

Screenwriter

• 2,341 posts

Posted May 10 2007 - 06:34 AM

I'd buy a R1 release if it was for a similar price.

#9 of 14 OFFLINE   Mark Talmadge

Mark Talmadge

Screenwriter

• 2,379 posts

Posted May 10 2007 - 08:22 AM

I would also definately get this release but knowing the way Disney handles DVD releases in the United States there would be no way they would throw all 60 episodes on Season 1 on the same DVD release. They would break the release up into volumes.

But, I wouldn't expect an announcement for quite some time.

#10 of 14 OFFLINE   MattSav

MattSav

Stunt Coordinator

• 86 posts

Posted May 11 2007 - 01:21 AM

Just preordered it. I can't wait. I'll collect all the way through Power Rangers Zeo.

It would be really cool if an anime company would import and release the Japanese versions of some of these shows, with English subs.

I imported the Japanese release of Power Rangers: Wild Force a few years back, but I don't think the original Sentai shows that the early seasons of Power Rangers were culled from ever made it onto DVD in Japan (not to mention there were about 15 years of shows before the first Power Rangers series, aka Zyuranger, was converted.)

#11 of 14 OFFLINE   Sammy-G

Sammy-G

Stunt Coordinator

• 85 posts

Posted May 11 2007 - 03:00 AM

Matt - there should be DVD releases for those older sentai series eventually. Several years ago Toei started with a release of the very first sentai, Goranger, as well as the most recent one at the time, and they've been working their way towards the middle since then. Right now everything after Megaranger (1997, made into Power Rangers In Space) or before Goggle Five (1982) has been released.

#12 of 14 OFFLINE   MattSav

MattSav

Stunt Coordinator

• 86 posts

Posted May 24 2007 - 02:36 PM

I just got an email from Amazon.De. My German isn't as good as it used to be, but I think the set was delayed a couple of weeks from the May 25th date. Anyone else stateside get a similar email who had ordered the set through Amazon?

#13 of 14 OFFLINE   Demis G

Demis G

Second Unit

• 418 posts

Posted May 24 2007 - 06:14 PM

Amazon.de reports on its site that it is already released
No longer in "pre-order" status

May 25th (today) is the release date
if there was a delay they would have changed the date on the main page

#14 of 14 OFFLINE   MattSav

MattSav

Stunt Coordinator

• 86 posts

Posted May 29 2007 - 03:20 AM

Looks like it's been delayed 2-4 weeks. Amazon is still showing the 5/25 release date, but is listing the item as shipping "Verfügbarkeit: Gewöhnlich versandfertig bei Amazon in 2 bis 4 Wochen." aka "Availability: Usually ready for dispatch with Amazon in 2 to 4 weeks."

So I'm guessing it's just a delay from the manufacturer to the distributor. My order status was adjusted to reflect this as well.