-

Jump to content



Sign up for a free account!

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Universal sets July release dates on four catalog titles


This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
20 replies to this topic

#1 of 21 ppltd

ppltd

    Producer

  • 3,044 posts
  • Join Date: Aug 30 2006

Posted May 08 2007 - 07:43 AM

Universal is pressing forward on release dates with four catalog titles.

Quote:
Universal Studios Home Entertainment has announced it will bring four new catalog faves to HD DVD this July, including the hits In Good Company', 'Scent of a Woman',' Nutty Professor II', and 'Streets of Fire'.
The quartet will each receive the 1080p/VC-1 treatment along with Dolby Digital-Plus 5.1 surround tracks (at 1.5mbps), while 'Nutty Professor II' will also enjoy a full Dolby TrueHD 5.1 track (48kHz/16-bit).
Universal Titles

Although previously announced, it is nice to see release dates on these titles, and WOWPosted Image , one has TrueHD. Too bad it isn't Streets of FirePosted Image

Thomas Eisenmann(Last updated 09/30/11)

Blu-Ray Collection  DVD Collection, Numerous BD players,

LG 55LX6500 55-Inch 3D 1080p 240 Hz LED

Pioneer VSX-94TXH, Panasonic PT-AE7000U 3D 1080p (PT-AE8000 Just Ordered, 

1124 BDs and going up, 1028 - DVDs and going down.


#2 of 21 Tim Glover

Tim Glover

    Lead Actor

  • 7,651 posts
  • Join Date: Jan 12 1999
  • Real Name:Tim Glover

Posted May 08 2007 - 12:34 PM

Scent of a Woman, & In Good Company look like buys for me. Can't figure out Universal's audio strategy but I'm glad their producing some good HDs.

#3 of 21 Tim Glover

Tim Glover

    Lead Actor

  • 7,651 posts
  • Join Date: Jan 12 1999
  • Real Name:Tim Glover

Posted May 08 2007 - 04:41 PM

Some cover art for these:

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image


#4 of 21 Stephen_J_H

Stephen_J_H

    Producer

  • 3,906 posts
  • Join Date: Jul 30 2003
  • Real Name:Stephen J. Hill
  • LocationNorth of the 49th

Posted May 08 2007 - 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Glover
Scent of a Woman, & In Good Company look like buys for me. Can't figure out Universal's audio strategy but I'm glad their producing some good HDs.
Maybe they think we want our fart jokes in HD audio. Posted Image
"My opinion is that (a) anyone who actually works in a video store and does not understand letterboxing has given up on life, and (b) any customer who prefers to have the sides of a movie hacked off should not be licensed to operate a video player."-- Roger Ebert

#5 of 21 norrisMc

norrisMc

    Stunt Coordinator

  • 212 posts
  • Join Date: Feb 04 2006

Posted May 08 2007 - 10:54 PM

I'm really glad to see "SCENT OF A WOMAN" and "STREETS OF FIRE" coming to HiDef.

"STREETS OF FIRE" should look GREAT in HiDef. It is such a stylish and visual film and yes, I agree, they should have had Dolby True HD on that title.

Any ideas of extras ?
Norris

#6 of 21 Jim_K

Jim_K

    Executive Producer

  • 10,089 posts
  • Join Date: Apr 07 2000

Posted May 10 2007 - 06:38 AM

Maybe Scent of a Woman in this batch. Do all the titles previously announced back in March now have official dates?

I'm very interested in what catalog titles Universal has planned for August through Dec. Hopefully a big helping of some Hitchcock and a few Classic Monster titles somewhere in the near future.
Death before Streaming!


#7 of 21 Ron-P

Ron-P

    Producer

  • 6,283 posts
  • Join Date: Jul 25 2000
  • Real Name:Ron

Posted May 10 2007 - 06:42 AM

None for me, those are all weak titles. Come on Universal give us something better.
You have all the weapons you need...Now fight!


#8 of 21 Dave H

Dave H

    Producer

  • 5,250 posts
  • Join Date: Aug 13 2000

Posted May 10 2007 - 08:12 AM

I'll rent Scent of a Woman (have never seen it).

#9 of 21 norrisMc

norrisMc

    Stunt Coordinator

  • 212 posts
  • Join Date: Feb 04 2006

Posted May 10 2007 - 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron-P
None for me, those are all weak titles. Come on Universal give us something better.

Sorry, I can't agree with that.

I'll be getting "BOURNE IDENTITY", "SCENT OF A WOMAN", "IN GOOD COMPANY" and "STREETS OF FIRE".

All four are decent films IMHO.
Norris

#10 of 21 ScottJH

ScottJH

    Second Unit

  • 483 posts
  • Join Date: Mar 27 2001
  • Real Name:Scott

Posted May 10 2007 - 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_K
Do all the titles previously announced back in March now have official dates?

I'm very interested in what catalog titles Universal has planned for August through Dec. Hopefully a big helping of some Hitchcock and a few Classic Monster titles somewhere in the near future.


For July, titles from the list without a date yet are Hot Fuzz, Shawn of the Dead, Deliver Us From Eva, Darkman, Cat In The Hat and Sea of Love. All of these have cover art up at the "Coming Soon" section of the official site except for Deliver Us From Eva and Cat In The Hat

August the only title on the list was Heroes: Season 1 so who knows what they have planned.

Then in September, The Last Starfighter, Legend, Battlestar Galactica: Season One, For the Love of the Game, Knocked Up, Evening, The Getaway: Unrated, Patch Adams, Cat People.


Dracula and Frankenstein Legacy Series on HD DVD would be nice around Halloween.Posted Image

#11 of 21 Ray_R

Ray_R

    Screenwriter

  • 1,559 posts
  • Join Date: Feb 22 2004

Posted May 10 2007 - 10:47 AM

Why are Universal thinking it's a good idea to release the sequels first? I'm not going to buy The Bourne Supremacy until they release The Bourne Identity. Hell, I might as well wait until they release the complete trilogy of the Bourne films.
I'd buy Scent of a Woman. But I'd need to watch it again before making a final decision for purchase.
I'm totally going to buy Darkman, The Last Starfighter and LEGEND. For LEGEND, I'm still going to keep my Ultimate Edition DVD.Posted Image

#12 of 21 Michael Flynn

Michael Flynn

    Stunt Coordinator

  • 55 posts
  • Join Date: Dec 07 2003

Posted May 10 2007 - 12:37 PM

When I jump ship, Streets of Fire will be mine, even if that cover art is there. Yuck.

Will definitely grab Darkman too.

#13 of 21 Shane Martin

Shane Martin

    Producer

  • 6,017 posts
  • Join Date: Sep 26 1999

Posted May 10 2007 - 01:07 PM

Bourne and Scent of a Woman for sure.

#14 of 21 norrisMc

norrisMc

    Stunt Coordinator

  • 212 posts
  • Join Date: Feb 04 2006

Posted May 10 2007 - 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Flynn
When I jump ship, Streets of Fire will be mine, even if that cover art is there. Yuck.

Will definitely grab Darkman too.

"STREETS OF FIRE" and "DARKMAN" for me too.

I actually like the "STREETS OF FIRE" cover art. What is wrong with it? Diane Lane looks gorgeous !

"LEGEND"... hmm... I love parts of this film, but other parts annoy me. Do you know if we are getting the longer cut?
Norris

#15 of 21 Jim_K

Jim_K

    Executive Producer

  • 10,089 posts
  • Join Date: Apr 07 2000

Posted May 12 2007 - 12:37 AM

Quote:
For July, titles from the list without a date yet are Hot Fuzz, Shawn of the Dead, Deliver Us From Eva, Darkman, Cat In The Hat and Sea of Love. All of these have cover art up at the "Coming Soon" section of the official site except for Deliver Us From Eva and Cat In The Hat

August the only title on the list was Heroes: Season 1 so who knows what they have planned.

Then in September, The Last Starfighter, Legend, Battlestar Galactica: Season One, For the Love of the Game, Knocked Up, Evening, The Getaway: Unrated, Patch Adams, Cat People.


Dracula and Frankenstein Legacy Series on HD DVD would be nice around Halloween.Posted Image

Thanks for the info.

Death before Streaming!


#16 of 21 Tim Glover

Tim Glover

    Lead Actor

  • 7,651 posts
  • Join Date: Jan 12 1999
  • Real Name:Tim Glover

Posted May 14 2007 - 04:34 PM

Just watched the sd-dvd version for Scent Of A Woman. It had been a LONG time since first seeing this. I forgot what a wonderful movie this is and very glad to be able to get this gem on HD DVD. Not a very good looking dvd so hopefully it will be improved. In fact, right after finishing the film, I went over to amazon and placed my order & combined it with another July 24 gem.....The Bourne Identity. Posted Image Posted Image

#17 of 21 ppltd

ppltd

    Producer

  • 3,044 posts
  • Join Date: Aug 30 2006

Posted May 15 2007 - 02:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottJH
Dracula and Frankenstein Legacy Series on HD DVD would be nice around Halloween.Posted Image
Add to the the Creature and the Wolfman legacy series. I would be all over them. Posted Image
Thomas Eisenmann(Last updated 09/30/11)

Blu-Ray Collection  DVD Collection, Numerous BD players,

LG 55LX6500 55-Inch 3D 1080p 240 Hz LED

Pioneer VSX-94TXH, Panasonic PT-AE7000U 3D 1080p (PT-AE8000 Just Ordered, 

1124 BDs and going up, 1028 - DVDs and going down.


#18 of 21 ppltd

ppltd

    Producer

  • 3,044 posts
  • Join Date: Aug 30 2006

Posted May 15 2007 - 02:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Glover
Just watched the sd-dvd version for Scent Of A Woman. It had been a LONG time since first seeing this. I forgot what a wonderful movie this is and very glad to be able to get this gem on HD DVD. Not a very good looking dvd so hopefully it will be improved. In fact, right after finishing the film, I went over to amazon and placed my order & combined it with another July 24 gem.....The Bourne Identity. Posted Image Posted Image
I could not agree more. Scent of a Woman is a great film, and Bourne Identity is IMHO a must have disk. Can't wait to get them. Hopefully, I will be able to play both Bourne films in HD to prep me for Bourne Ultimatum (due out in the theaters around the same time).

Edited for accuracy
Thomas Eisenmann(Last updated 09/30/11)

Blu-Ray Collection  DVD Collection, Numerous BD players,

LG 55LX6500 55-Inch 3D 1080p 240 Hz LED

Pioneer VSX-94TXH, Panasonic PT-AE7000U 3D 1080p (PT-AE8000 Just Ordered, 

1124 BDs and going up, 1028 - DVDs and going down.


#19 of 21 ScottJH

ScottJH

    Second Unit

  • 483 posts
  • Join Date: Mar 27 2001
  • Real Name:Scott

Posted May 15 2007 - 03:10 AM

Sea of Love and Darkman now have release dates. TrueHD on Darkman. http://dvd.themanroo...view.php?id=577
Quote:
Universal Studios Home Entertainment has announced 'Sea Of Love' and 'Darkman' will comprise the third and final catalog HD DVD July titles when they hit stores on July 31. Both of these titles were announced shortly after CES in January for a summer release.


#20 of 21 norrisMc

norrisMc

    Stunt Coordinator

  • 212 posts
  • Join Date: Feb 04 2006

Posted May 15 2007 - 10:14 AM

"STREETS OF FIRE", "SCENT OF A WOMAN", "SEA OF LOVE", "DARKMAN", "BOURNE IDENTITY"... sooooo cool !

July is gonna be an expensive month !
Norris


Back to Blu-ray



Forum Nav Content I Follow