What's new

The Warner Chat 5/7: Official Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
You need to wait till the chat is finished. I also need time to edit it.

The transcript will be posted HERE at around 12:30am EST/9:30pm PST

Thanks for the interest!

tjguitar85

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Thomas
I could pm you a transcript from my logs but your better off waiting for HTF to post their edited version without all the "____ has joined or left channel" lines.

tjguitar85

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Thomas
Great news that Filmation's Aquaman is coming out in 2007. Wasn't expecting that one. (Though I would have preferred The original filmation Batman series, which I thought would sell more...)

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory

Wasn't expecting it either but it is most welcome. Hopefully the unaired in the US Adult Swim bits will appear as a bonus. I can not recall any other new information aside from this and possibly Perfect Strangers in 2008. Hopefully Plastic Man, Shazam, Maverick and Wartime Looney Tunes are coming.

Tony S

Stunt Coordinator
Perfect Strangers, Family Matters, Tiny Toons, being evaluated for possible 2008 releases.

Working on music rights issues for more Fresh Prince.

Under consideration, but no definie plans: Alice, more Night Court, more Growing Pains, more Mama's Family (syndicated versions cause that's all they own).

Looking for ways to release Gilligan's Island/Planet, Dukes/Enos tele-movies/spinoffs, etc.

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
According to WB, their telefilm expert is apparently evaluating a potential release of classic 1970s genre TV movies like DON'T BE AFRAID OF THE DARK (1973), BAD RONALD (1974) and THE STRANGER WITHIN (1974).

Incidentally, thanks much for the support of DON'T BE AFRAID OF THE DARK, when I asked about it in the chat, Ron!

And if the WB reps are reading this, take note-- if you do go ahead with DON'T BE AFRAID OF THE DARK on DVD, either as a stand-alone title, or in a set, make sure you feature the movie's creepy gnome-like creatures prominently on the front cover artwork. There are many people out there who remember those spooky little guys vividly, but have forgotten the film's title. If they see the image of those critters on the DVD packaging in a brick & mortar store, or when shopping online (especially around Halloween), I predict you will sell many, many copies. :cool: :emoji_thumbsup:

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
Peter, is that the film where those little goblins lived in the furnace or something? If so, that film freaked me out as a kid. I remember that they ran those movies during the afternoon on either ABC or NBC.

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
Not to get anything started, but they shouldn't bother releasing any further Mama's Family's if all they have is syndicated.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
The Chat Transcript is Posted

Thanks to all of you that came out.

I will send Warner a link to this thread tomorrow morning. In other
words, it would be nice if you could post some constructive feedback
here for them to read.

And, Peter, I have been trying to get Don't Be Afraid Of The
Dark
out on video for YEARS. That was the scariest TV movie
I have ever seen. Nothing like Goblins that live under the
stairs.

So, my request to Warner is to get this out...PLEASE!

Thanks to all of you who attended tonight. The chat went very
well. Everyone was polite and there were some good questions
asked.

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
The transcript isn't showing up on the link. It has the last chat, but not this one...anyone else able to see it?

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
I didn't participate in the chat because my dad is in the ER, one thing I like is that Warner were a little more upfront with answers this time. Instead of just "no plans", they seemed to give more of an explanation about why not.

However, while I'm not a Knots fan, my partner is a huge fan. Considering season 2 brings in Donna Mills, it's a little preposterous to judge season 2 because of season 1, when in Knots terms, that's like when Joan Collins came onto Dynasty or when Nancy McKeon came on Facts Of Life and season 2 should bode much better with the fans

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
I agree with Jay's comment above about the Donna Mills thing. And keep in mind that Dynasty is getting its season two. It took a couple years but it will happen. I think WB may be looking closely at how well Dynasty 2 does before making any judgments about whether Knots 2 is viable. So all you Knots fans have to go out and buy Dynasty 2, I guess lol~~! Also, I will point out that WB mentioned in the chat that if Murphy Brown #1 sells more units, they may start considering season 2. I'm sure that logic applies to Knots as well, so everybody who's been on the fence should go out and buy it. Best case scenario: Dynasty season two will sell extremely well, and that will open the door for more Knots and hopefully, Falcon Crest and all the rest.

How come nobody asked about Banana Splits, as in, it was announced ages ago and nothing's been said since?

Ben King

Stunt Coordinator

Very disappointing news about both Knots Landing and Falcon Crest. There IS a demand for these shows. There's plenty of fans out there online who are clamouring for both of these to be released on DVD. Ditto Dynasty and The Colbys.

The first season release of Knots was frankly poorly promoted, not tied in the reunion special that aired in 2005 and Warners didn't bother to work with the main Knots website, although they did with the Dallas online fan site (the same people run sites for both Dallas and Knots). At a mere thirteen episodes, season one should've been packaged with season two to generate sales.

I'm positive that sales will pick up once the Donna Mills episodes are released on DVD. The bottom line is that this is the kind of thing that does encourage the "unofficial" market, which is bad for the fans and bad for Warners.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Peter,I cant thank you enough for asking about Dont be afraid of the dark.I was almost sure no one was going to bother to ask .This is among my top 5 unreleased region 1 dvds.Im region free and could have bought the japanese release, but chose not to, because I had a feeling that WB would see the potential for this release.Thanks WB !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
I'm disappointed because although I showed up just before the chat began and could read everything happening, I couldn't get my applet to work where I could post anything. So I never got to ask a question even though there were not a lot of people and I think I had a really good chance at getting in.

Anyhow, as I watched the chat progress through the first hour or so, it was apparent I would have been the only person interested in WB's older catalog of shows (Westerns like Cheyenne, Maverick and Sugarfoot & Detective shows like 77 Sunset Strip, Hawaiian Eye and Burbon Street Beat). The panel seems like some great people and along with throwing out these type of shows I wanted to ask them what their general thought was concerning these older b&w series (unprofitable? possible rentals to other companies?).

Gary "sigh... I really did want to hear about these, but I don't think anyone got around to asking about them - at least not in the first hour and a half while I was there" O.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
I wasn't able to attend the chat, but glad to see most of the questions that I had, were asked.

Glad to see more Looney Tunes coming this year, but just have to be patient for some of the others that currently have no plans (like Huckleberry Hound Vol 2)

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
Encouraging to hear that WB are considering Shazam!, though they didn't really specify whether they were considering the live-action version (I hope!) or the animated version (not really botherd on that one) or both.

Wish I could've participated and asked them about the HB-produced live-action Legends of the Super-Heroes (an Adam West/Burt Ward commentary would be great!) or the MGM TV series of Logan's Run.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks