Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

laurel and hardy region 1

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   ryanCollins

ryanCollins

Stunt Coordinator

• 59 posts

Posted May 04 2007 - 01:18 PM

will we ever get the hal roach releases on dvd in the us in region 1?

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   Keith Paynter

Keith Paynter

Screenwriter

• 1,830 posts

Posted May 07 2007 - 05:31 AM

Hallmark issued 2 compilation discs - the first featured Sons Of The Desert from a poor quality television print with akward fadeouts (along with a handful of shorts including The Music Box), and the second (slightly improved) volume featured Way Out West and Block-Heads plus Chickens Come Home. Don't expect any more. My 3M laserdiscs look better (and have the MGM/NRA openings). Hallmark doesn't really have any interest in marketing the Laurel & Hardy or Little Rascals Roach shorts. They use them for financial leverage in funding their television movies. Tragic.
I don't like SPAM!

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   alan halvorson

alan halvorson

Screenwriter

• 2,021 posts

Posted May 07 2007 - 04:19 PM

I suggest biting the bullet and getting the 21-disc Laurel and Hardy box set : http://www.amazon.co....598293&sr=1-21 I have. If you gotta have L&H - and we all should - you gotta have this. Then you can stop worrying about the never-coming US releases.
They're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!
They're coming to take me away, ho-ho, hee-hee, ha-haaa To the funny farm. Where life is beautiful all the time and I'll be happy to see those nice young men in their clean white coats and they're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!!!!
- Napoleon XIV

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   AbbyNormal

AbbyNormal

Agent

• 38 posts

Posted May 07 2007 - 04:21 PM

Posted Image According to a friend of mine, the first Hallmark disc has an edited version of SONS OF THE DESERT with a dubbed in score that he says is awful. Maybe you would be better off with the R2 box set from the UK.
Oh, is there a more inspiring sight in all this world. . .than the sight of a grown man. . .facing singlehandedly. . .a half-a-ton of angry pot roast?-
"In Old Mexico," by Tom Lehrer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users