What's new

Heroes - August 28 (1 Viewer)

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
No, since I already own an HD DVD player. But the prospect of having this wonderful show in HD is definately tempting. The ultimate deciding factor will be the price.

Rhoq

Supporting Actor

Universal is an HD DVD exclusive studio, there will be no Heroes on BluRay ;)

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
Cool! :D I've been wanting to watch this but haven't BECAUSE OF ALL THE COMMERCIALS THEY CRAM INTO THE PROGRAM! :angry:

Firebee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan
Count me in! I'll be buying this set once it goes up for pre-order!
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif

Charles Ellis

Senior HTF Member
Looks like a must-buy for me! Something tells me I'll watch the tons of extras (and there probably wil be) first!

Ron68

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ron
I've never seen this show but I'm very interested in seeing it, so I plan to blind buy the first season. I'm pretty certain I will enjoy it.

Jeff#

Screenwriter
HEROES is a well-done show, but I wouldn't buy it on DVD.

I'll keep watching it on NBC though! :cool:

Jeff#

Screenwriter
Show shows are worth collecting and others....I've seen all of the Star Trek series and films, but I didn't want to collect them either. Same with the Stargate movie and both series. Somtimes once is a enough, and it's just a matter of personal preference. :)

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Some shows like Heroes-24-Pison Break make it very hard to watch withou really watching all the episodes in order. Star Trek, I dream of Jeannie etc are the type of shows you can pop in any single show and enjoy it.

I gave Heroes about 6 shows but it did'nt click with me.

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
Dave, that's the type of shows that are really popular now (made popular by The Sopranos and 24 probably), and I for one really enjoy that a lot more. An ongoing storyline, where everything is of consequence - not just a number of loosely-related episodes that bear little if any continuity.

Firebee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan

Agreed. Heroes is episodic and you need to have been watching to know what's going on...a good show...glad it's coming to DVD (tho that's no big shock, really) and can't wait for next Monday's season finale!
htf_images_smilies_drum.gif

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa

Actually go back to 1993 I'd say B5 was one of the first shows with an Arc.
There's nothing wrong with modern Arc driven shows. I watch alot of them, with the Shield and Rescue Me and Sopranos being the Top 3 in my book. But there's still something to be said about the amazing simplicity and tight writing of Older shows. I look at a Show Like Have Gun Will Travel and marvel how they could squeeze so much story telling and characterization into a 25 min teleplay.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I don't mind either type of show, but I hate when the non-serial shows have something big happen in one episode that has absolutely no lasting effect. An example I can think of: in one episode of Dukes of Hazzard, JD is defeated in the election for county commissioner. The next episode, he is back in office and the winning candidate is never seen again or even mentioned.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks