Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Katharine Hepburn Collection on DVD Beaver

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   FrankXS

FrankXS

Stunt Coordinator

• 225 posts

Posted May 01 2007 - 07:03 AM

What is it with the Katharine Hepburn Collection on DVD Beaver which wiil be available soon containing African Queen, On Golden Pond and Iron Petticoat with Bob Hope ? Who is putting this out ? Iron Petticoat. Was it originally a Paramount movie ? How can African Queen be coming out in England and not even a mention for USA release ?

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   John Hodson

John Hodson

Producer

• 4,495 posts
  • LocationBolton, Lancashire

Posted May 01 2007 - 07:41 AM

It's coming on the 'ITV DVD' label from Granada Ventures who hold the UK R2 rights. The African Queen has been available in the UK for some time now.
So many films, so little time...
Film Journal Blog
Lt. Col. Thursday: Beaufort; no preliminary nonsense with him, no ceremonial phrasing. Straight from the shoulder as I tell you, do you hear me? They're recalcitrant swine and they must feel it...

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   Joe Lugoff

Joe Lugoff

Screenwriter

• 2,094 posts

Posted May 01 2007 - 12:29 PM

In the US, "The Iron Petticoat" was released by MGM fifty years ago -- and I don't think it's been seen since!

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   Robin9

Robin9

Screenwriter

• 2,242 posts

Posted May 02 2007 - 09:58 AM

Shown this afternoon on British free-of-charge television! Eat your hearts out, fellas!

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   Miguel M Santos

Miguel M Santos

Stunt Coordinator

• 207 posts

Posted May 02 2007 - 11:13 PM

Slightly off-topic, but for those in R2 who only want some Kate's titles in Warner's forthcoming collection, WITHOUT LOVE, UNDERCURRENT and THE CORN IS GREEN are going to be released individually in Germany and Spain in June (and probably in Scandinavia, as the titles seem to have subtitles in danish, swedish, finish and norwegian). Beats me why they aren't releasing DRAGON SEED as well, as they own the rights for this, but then again R2 always gets second best.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users