What's new

Best Buy 2 Hour Private Sale Sunday May 6 (1 Viewer)

BrettB

Senior HTF Member
I got an email this morning about a 2 hour private shopping event this Sunday, 7:30-9:30 PM for RZ members only. Has anyone ever been to one of these before? Is *everything* in the store on sale? Is it worth going?

Nathan A

Second Unit
I got the same email, but I assumed that the "sale" was just the coupons in the email. Hopefully someone else knows for sure.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I got a $2 Best Buy gift card for filling out a 5-question form at the last event of this sort (on Oscar night).

Andrew Grall

Supporting Actor
The one here is at the furthest Best Buy from me... If it were at the closer one, I'd go visit...

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
you didnt miss anything.
it was just an event with various venders trying to get you to buy into their products.

LG, verizon, comcast Microsoft office.

they were giving away a bunch of junk such as little pocket tape measures, little sponge baseballs, a pocket screwdriver.
nothing really usefull.

first 100 peeps get a free tripod.
tripod is about 3 inches tall.
i wouldnt put my camera on it and not many camcorders would go on it without causing it to collapse.
legs are like a bendy toy, not very strong and tough to get angled right. junk

there was no special prices for anything.
just the double/triple rewardzone points and an extra 50 points just for showing up.

a raffle every 15 minutes for gift cards and a dvd player.

i was there for 1 1/2 hrs.
there was only 4 numbers drawn during that time and NO ONE claimed a winning ticket.

i doubt i would go again unless they offered speciial discount pricing.

i forgot, they do givve you a $2.00 for a short survey.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
Good thing I wasn't notified about this one, but kind of annoyed I'm not getting RZ notifications and coupons.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I, too, am annoyed I didn't get any notification. Within the last month I spent over $300 at BB. You would think that would get me on the list.

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
I did get a bunch of stuff under the double points. No prizes other than the $2 gift card for filling out the survey, though. :frowning:

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
I went and wasn't too thrilled either. The first 100 people were supposed to get Titan mini tripods, and I was given a ticket in line for one. When I tried to redeem it, I was told they ran out (huh?!)... I emailed Reward Zone and was given 1500 points for that...

On the plus side, I did get free Chex mix and a Coke. :)

Burke Strickland

Second Unit
I got an emailed invitation to the "Private Shopping Event" -- "only at these select stores": "Best Buy Albany" (that's Albany, New York). Since my weekend plans didn't include travel from Houston (where there are at least four Best Buys within 10 miles of my house) to New York (where I'm sure I'd find a lot to do other than going to a Best Buy sale -- even in Albany) :>) I skipped this "special" event.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
As someone who went to college in Albany for four years, I think you may be overrating the amount of stuff to do in Albany.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks