-

Photo
- - - - -

If all cell phone numbers are unlinsted...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 of 8 DeathStar1

DeathStar1

Producer

• 3,291 posts

Posted April 30 2007 - 03:59 AM

Then how did the idiot using this number get my cell number?

http://800notes.com/...-859-212-1501/4

Anyone else get this and know what we can do so that it doesn't waste space on my voice mail?

#2 of 8 Jay H

Jay H

Producer

• 5,635 posts
  • LocationPittsfield, MA

Posted April 30 2007 - 04:32 AM

They leave messages? I get calls all the time from Cablevision (my cable provider) and dishNetwork (my ex-tv provider) and I never answer them and they never leave voicemail..

I know one can change ringtones per caller (with caller ID), but it would be cool if one can have Voicemail options with caller ID so you could turn the spammer's off... I don't know of any method that wouldn't affect others calling you...

Maybe the best you could do is report them to the FAA and perhaps call them and bitch... (hell, they already have your number)..

jay
You are the crispy noodle in the vegetarian salad of life

#3 of 8 Kevin Eckhardt

Kevin Eckhardt

Stunt Coordinator

• 185 posts

Posted April 30 2007 - 05:36 AM

Jay,

I think you meant to say the FCC. Unless either Neil or the telemarketer is calling during a flight, I doubt the FAA cares. Posted Image
AFI challenges:
Movies - Last seen: Raging Bull, 68 to go
Laughs - Last seen: It Happened One Night, 82 to go
Thrills - Last seen: Raging Bull, 67 to go
Passions - Last seen: The African Queen, 83 to go Heroes and Villains - Last seen: Max Cady - Cape Fear, 73 to go

#4 of 8 Jay H

Jay H

Producer

• 5,635 posts
  • LocationPittsfield, MA

Posted April 30 2007 - 05:48 AM

Well, maybe the FAA might redirect a lot of plane traffic over the spammers Posted Image

Jay
You are the crispy noodle in the vegetarian salad of life

#5 of 8 Chris Lockwood

Chris Lockwood

Producer

• 3,215 posts

Posted April 30 2007 - 06:40 AM

The sequence of numbers is certainly not a secret. How hard is it to dial a known extension plus a 4-digit number?

All an unlisted number really does is keep them from linking you to your number- it doesn't prevent anyone from calling you!

#6 of 8 MarkHastings

MarkHastings

Executive Producer

• 12,013 posts

Posted April 30 2007 - 08:16 AM

Neil, report the call to your provider. They will have a record of where the call came from. Tell them that you are pissed off that it goes toward your bill (or minutes) and that you want them to reimburse you for that call and to have those calls stopped and blocked.

Put up a stink with the cell provider because they will get more done than you personally trying to fend off the spam calls.

#7 of 8 Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 14,131 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted April 30 2007 - 11:07 AM

I had one company I paid with a check for sell my cellphone number to a time share company.Posted Image

#8 of 8 RobLe

RobLe

Stunt Coordinator

• 93 posts

Posted May 02 2007 - 10:53 AM

On a similar topic...Ever since I changed cell phone numbers last year I have received calls from people trying to get a hold of "Atlas Foundation Repair". I will sometimes get as many as 3 calls a day from different people looking for this company. Originally I assumed that the people who called just happened to have outdated business cards or yellow pages. Now I find out that at least some of these people, if not all of them, are getting the incorrect number when they call information and ask for the number for Atlas Foundation. Does anybody know of a way I can get a hold of whoever runs the database or whatever and get them to fix the problem?