What's new

I Dream Of Jeannie Season 4 (1 Viewer)

Brandy681

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brandy
Does anyone have an idea when I Dream Of Jeannie Season 4 will be be released?? It seems like yesterday when season 3 was brought out in January but it has been a while now and I haven't heard any news about it. I am thinking that it should be in the early summer but not hearing any pre realease info I am thinking it could possibly be scheduled for early fall. Knowing about the mistakes with the season 3 set I am sure Sony is definitely taking there time to make sure there is NO mistakes with this box set. Someone told me that there is usually a 6 month period in releases for Sony sets and that would leave me to believe that IDOJ Season 4 will be released in the end of July... But I don't think that can be possible since Bewitched is scheduled for release at the end of July and has allready been announced online and IDOJ has not been announced and no pre-order info. I bet that this set is going to be delayed and the last time that I talked to Sony over the telephone they said that Season 3 is still under investigation with the design department for all of the mistakes. If anyone has any suggestions or further information I would appreciate the info on this topic.

Brandy681

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brandy
I still have not been able to find any information about I Dream Of Jeannie Season 4 coming to DVD.. The right time frame should be about July but Sony has allready announced there release for Bewitched around this time and there was NO news of IDOJ yet so I am thinking that it is going to be pushed back a little longer like Bewitched was.

Sony needs to get on the ball because they used to release their DVD sets every 6 months or less and now they are releasing them about once a year and not much effort seems to put into the sets because IDOJ season 3 had many flaws and I just hope that they will continue to make all of these seasons. Sony seems to be slacking in many categories...

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
It is rather disconcerting that S.4 hasn't been announced yet considering it was between four and five months between the previous season releases and Sony always announces them about two months before hand.

As I've done with the previous seasons I thought I would list the episodes and a brief description and any trivia I know about the episodes here.

#88: "U-F-Ohhh Jeannie!" 9/16/68 - Jeannie accidentally causes a top secret space craft that Tony and Roger are testing to crash land on the land of a family of hillbillies who mistake them for martians and are quite intent on turning them in for a cash reward. I can't help but think that the IDOJ people were trying to cash in on the success of the Beverly Hillbillies with this episode as the characters are quite similar to that show.

#89: "Jeannie and the Wild Pipchicks" 9/23/68 - Jeannie's mother sends her Jeannie's favorite treat, pipchicks. When Tony tries one he finds that it gives him super human strength. When Dr. Bellows finds out about this he wants Tony to make more to give to the other astronauts. Jeannie tries to get the recipe from her mother, who doesn't like Tony, and instead this new batch of pipchicks makes humans act out their innermost fantasies, turning NASA upside down.

This is the first time that Barbara Eden plays the role of Jeannie's mother, who had previously been played by two different actresses.

#90: "Tomorrow is Not Another Day" 10/7/68 - When Roger finds that Tony's newspaper hasn't arrived yet he asks Jeannie to blink one up for him and her the date is the 17th, when it is really the 16th. Armed with future news about an astronaut breaking his leg, Tony tries to prevent this from happening but Roger is more interested on placing winning bets at the horse races.

This episode is a prime example of what the "Bewitched" people always accused the IDOJ people of doing, and that is stealing scripts. Two years earlier on BW in Ep. #105: "Bewitched, Bothered and Infuritated" Aunt Clara zaps up the wrong dated paper which says that Durwood's boss, Larry, breaks his leg and so Durwood and Samantha try to prevent that from happening. You can read a compilation of the times that both shows had similar scripts or scenes over at http://www.harpiesbizarre.com/dejaview.htm.

#91: "Abdullah" 10/14/68 - Jeannie does a favor for her brother by babysitting his baby son, Abdullah, who does not stop crying except for when he is around Tony. Unfortunately in this episode we never see Jeannie's brother.

#92: "Have You Heard the One About the Used Car Salesman?" 11/4/68 - When Jeannie accidentally wrecks Tony's car she takes it to what she believes is a car repair shop. Unfortunately it is a shady car salesman who fixes up the cars and then puts them up for market...but not while there is an angry genie around!

This episode has the coolest special effect when Jeannie blinks the fixed car broken again. It totally looks like something invisible wrecks into the car.

#93: "Djinn Djinn, Go Home!" 11/11/68 - When Amanda Bellows comes over to look for something in Tony's garage, she and Tony find a little dog that she just falls in love with, and which Tony says she can keep until he finds that the dog can make itself invisible and for some reason starts attacking Tony. Jeannie reveals that the dog is her long lost pet Djinn Djinn and she is furious that her master would give him away.

This is the first appearance of Djinn Djinn and the scene where General Petersen yells at Tony, Roger and Dr. Bellows in response to his being attacked is priceless!

#94: "The Strongest Man in the World" 11/18/68 - Dr. Bellows enters Tony into a boxing match when Tony is seen to have punched out the boxing match champ, with help from Jeannie.

A real boxing match champ, Jerry Quarry, plays himself in this episode which is another rip-off of another BW episode from the second season "Fastest Gun on Madison Avenue" where Durwood knocks out the boxing champ with an assist from Samantha.

#95: "Indispensable Jeannie" 11/25/68 - Dr. Bellows puts Tony and Roger through a compatibility test by having Roger move in with Tony to see how well they'd work together in close circumstances. Jeannie tries to help by having the house cooperate with whatever they wish which just causes problems.

#96: "Jeannie and the Top Secret" 12/2/68 - Tony is planning on taking Jeannie out for their third anniversary together as master and genie until Dr. Bellows disrupts the plans by assigning Tony to deliver a briefcase containing a top secret film to authorities in Washington D.C. When Jeannie hears that Tony is going to meet someone named Marion, she assumes he is meeting another woman and she tries everything she can to foil her master's trip.

This episode features Vinton Hayworth as General Watson. He would later return as General Schaeffer for the rest of the series.

#97: "How to Marry an Astronaut" 12/9/68 - Jeannie's sister tells Jeannie that she'll help her learn how to make her master fall in love with her, so much so that he'll marry her, and she'll teach her by using Roger as an example. Of course, all her tricks work on Roger, but Jeannie fails miserably at them. Roger proposes to Jeannie's sister and at the marriage the wicked sister's true intentions come out as she replaces Roger with Tony at the altar!

#98: "Dr. Bellows Goes Sane" 12/16/68 - Tony finds out that Dr. Bellows plans to present a complete dossier on all the weird happenings that seem to always follow Tony around to General Petersen. Tony knows that General Petersen has just about lost all confidence in Dr. Bellows anyhow, but this would simply push him over the edge, so he and Jeannie try to make sure that the General never sees the papers.

#99: "Jeannie, My Guru" 12/30/68 - Tony picks up a teenage girl, Suzy, who was hitchhiking who happens to be the daughter of General Schaeffer. She was trying to hide from her father as he doesn't approve of her hippie boyfriend, Harold, nor her involvement in the hippie movement. While she is at Tony's she sees Jeannie blink in and tells Tony that she will spill the beans on him and Jeannie if he turns her over to her father!

This is the first appearance of Vinton Hayworth as General Schaeffer. This episode was originally supposed to air at the beginning of the season and Suzy was to be a recurring character that would know Jeannie's secret but this never happened.

#100: "The Case of My Vanishing Master" part 1 1/6/69 - Tony's work on the Apollo program is disrupted when it is found that there has been a possible leak in information and he is sent to an undisclosed location to continue his work. In order for the spies not to find out about Tony being gone, a double is brought in and sent to live at Major Nelson's house. Of course, the double is quite surprised by Jeannie and all her magic tricks and decides to tell Dr. Bellows about her. In the mean time, Roger figures out that the person they think is Tony is not him and he tries to put a stop to the phony Tony revealing Jeannie's secret.

At the end of this episode a special tag showing Jeannie standing next to a globe asking viewers where in the world they think her master is was shown. She then tells them they can send their answers in to win a trip around the world and she blinks in an oversized postcard with the contest address. It's too bad Sony won't include this on the release.

#101: "The Case of My Vanishing Master" part 2 1/13/69 - Roger manages to convince Jeannie that her master is not her master which angers her. In the mean time the real Tony returns but Jeannie thinks he is the fake one and blinks in all sorts of tortures for him, until she realizes her mistake. She then attacks the phony Tony.

#102: "Ride 'Em, Astronaut" 1/27/69 - Jeannie becomes the one millionth customer at the local supermarket and wins the opportunity to become the Queen at the local rodeo. Of course, the winner of the rodeo gets to go on a date with her so Tony enters the rodeo to try and win her for herself, but mainly to prevent anyone else from being with her.

#103: "Invisible House for Sale" 2/3/69 - Roger tells Jeannie that the reason she can't be with her master as much as she'd like is because their house carries it with it too many responsibilities like yard work and up keep and that if they were to live in an apartment, Tony wouldn't have to worry about all that. She decides to put the house up for sale and move them into an apartment. Jeannie shows off the house while Tony is at work and makes the house seem bigger and more expensive than it really is. She is quite pleased with herself until she finds that there are very beautiful girls that live at the new apartment complex that want nothing more than to get an astronaut as a boyfriend. So she blinks Tony's house invisible so that the buyers will decide to back out as now there is no house!

#104: "Jeannie, the Governor's Wife" 2/10/69 - Jeannie decides that her master should run for Governor of Florida in an attempt to get him to marry her, as all Governor's must be married. She blinks up all sorts of campaign memorabilia and gets Tony in trouble when she discovers that a military man on active duty cannot run for a public office.

#105: "Is There a Doctor in the House?" 2/17/69 - Tony seems to be stricken with a sleeping disorder - whenever he hears a whistle he falls asleep. Jeannie blinks to Bagdad to consult her mother about this and finds that her mother is the one who caused it in the first place. When she brings her mother back to cure Tony, Dr. Bellows is at the house and Jeannie's mother falls in love with him!

#106: "The Biggest Star in Hollywood" 2/24/69 - When TV's "Laugh-In" producers George Schlatter and Gary Owens see Jeannie walk out of a mirror in a department store, they decide they want her on their show. Roger acts as her manager and see big dollar signs and they sign on without Major Nelson's knowledge.

This episode featured many of the cast from "Laugh-In", a big NBC hit at the time. Plans were to have Barbara Eden guest on "Laugh-In" and reveal her elusive bellybutton on their show, but Sidney Sheldon found it in bad taste, and so it never happened.

#107: "Jeannie and the Case of the Porcelain Puppy" 3/3/1969 - In reading the Genie Journal Jeannie discovers a spell for turning things into porcelain and she proceeds to practice on objects around Tony's house. When the visiting Bellows see all these porcelain objects they think that Tony is a gifted artist and request to have one of his pieces to add to their collection. Unfortunately Jeannie accidentally turns her dog Djinn Djinn into a statue, which Amanda Bellows says she must have.

#108: "Jeannie for the Defense" 3/10/69 - Roger and Tony are involved in a minor car accident while traveling through a small town. When the person they hit finds that they are from the big city he decides to sue the for everything they are worth.

Dick Sargent guests as Mr. Cashman, the boys' defense attorney. He would show up next season on Bewitched as Durwood #2.

#109: "Nobody Loves a Fat Astronaut" 3/17/69 - Jeannie's sister tries to convince Jeannie that letting Tony go to the moon would be a bad idea so Jeannie starts causing all sorts of problems for Tony. Of course the sister has only done this so that Tony will want to get rid of Jeannie and claim her sister as his genie.

#110: "Around the World in Eighty Blinks" 3/24/69 - Jeannie accidentally blinks Commander Wingate down from a space probe when she had been aiming for her master. When she blinks him down too they have a big problem on their hands as Roger can't fly the probe by himself and Amanda Bellows sees both Wingate and Nelson on Earth when they should be up in space.

#111: "Jeannie Go-Round" 4/7/69 - Jeannie's sister is after Major Nelson again when she finds that Jeannie has been bottled up while Tony, Roger, and the Bellows attend a nightclub to see a singer. Jeannie II blinks the singer's voice away and comes out looking as her sister and sings but also causes great embarassment for Tony which she thinks will make him want to get rid of his genie. When Tony arrives home and finds that his genie couldn't have done it he releases her and she and her sister have a blink war when the Bellows' show up.

Barbara Eden sings in this episode. She would later have a nightclub act in Las Vegas.

#112: "Jeannie and the Secret Weapon" 4/14/69 - Jeannie helps Tony figure out what is wrong with a new space capsule called AGNES by blinking in a toy model of it which she ends up giving to a toy maker in a park.

#113: "Black Mail Order Bride" 5/12/69 - A reporter tries to get the scoop on the glamourous life of an astronaut by bugging Tony's house. When he finds out about Jeannie he blackmails Tony into giving him tons of money, especially when he convinces his wife and children to claim that Tony abandoned them years ago.

And that's the fourth season....COME ON SONY!! SOCK IT TO US:)

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
I think I know what Sony is doing.

They seem to be alternating the I DREAM OF JEANNIE releases with the BEWITCHED releases.

I DREAM OF JEANNIE has 5 Seasons total

BEWITCHED has 8 Seasons total.

So right now there is still 2 season of I DREAM OF JEANNIE and 3 season of BEWITCHED left to be release.

Season 5 of BEWITCHED is being on July 10th.

So I'd expect that we'll see I DREAM OF JEANNIE season 4 after BEWITCHED season 6 is Released.

Brandy681

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brandy
I kind of thought about that too and the fact that that Sony made some mistakes with season 3 which I believe is still under investigation so that may have caused a delay in the release of Season 4. I just want all of the seasons to be out and done with so that I can focus on watching and enjoying them.. Also so that I can focus on watching/buying more sets that will be coming out soon, such as Bewitched etc.

It has been about 5 months since I Dream Of Jeannie Season 3 was released and it only took about 6 months to be released from Season 1-2 to Season 3, also plus a few months announcement time I believe... which makes me think that it is going to take about a year for IDOJ Season 4 to be released like Bewitched did this last time. That means hopefully we will at LEAST get Season 4 by fall or possibly early winter and announcement in the late summer.

From what I hear Sony is really slacking as far as getting these sets out and released and I hope that it will take no longer than a year tops. It seems like at first Sony had releases every 3 months, than 6, and now a year or longer and I will be very disappointed if I have to wait another 4 years for these 2 seasons. Two years is still too long for 1 season a year but is better than nothing I suppose!

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
Guys, guys, guys ... Sony has been leap-frogging the releases of Bewitched and I Dream of Jeannie ... the next IDoJ set won't be released until after Bewitched Season 5 is released ...

Brandy681

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brandy
I basically knew this because there was no announcement of IDOJ yet unlike Bewitched. So this set is not going to be released untill 2 months after the announcement which is probably over 3 months away, possibly longer because there is no announcement. This means we should hopefully expect an announcement in July/Aug/Sep ?? after the release of Bewitched Season 5 and then it should release a few months later. I am guessing that this set will not be released until around November which is 10 months after IDOJ Season 3 was released.

(Lets think ahead of time and do some Chess thinking :laugh:!) You are right they are leap frogging the sets and it is taking longer and longer each year for the sets to be released. If you look at IDOJ Season 1, 3 months later season 2 was released. Then from Season 2- 3 it took 6 months later and now it is going to be about a year because it has passed the 6 month mark!!! Each and every year it is taking longer and longer for the sets to be released...

If you look at IDOJ Season 3 it was released at the end of January. Now Bewitched Season 5 is finally being released 6 months later in July. So if they are planning on releasing IDOJ Season 4 in allternations with Bewitched then we should get it about 6 months after July,10 which will be December/January which will be exactly a year from season 3. (which follows my theory) Now that is smart! Allthough I have no idea but this is just a guess as to what Sony is going to do but it does follow a pattern.

Brandy681

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brandy
The Bootsie Nightengale episode was very distored for 10 minutes or longer toward the middle end of the show of I Dream Of Jeannie Season 3. If they could not have fixed it Sony should have not included that episode on the set because it was bad.. but as I have read online that was a easy correctible error if spotted and when I contacted Sony they told me that they are aware of the mistakes and that it has all been fowarded on to investigations and no replacements as of yet has been made. Someone at Sony over looked this error before releasing it to DVD and when I first got my set in the mail from Amazon I thought that I had a bad set and was going to return it until I read a few ratings about the exact Bootsie Nightengale episode and then I knew that this set was made that way. I would have sent my set back for no reason and would have waisted time. It was very distorted, blurry and jumpy and completely unwatchable. You would think that the disc was badly scratched but it wasn't..

Also as another error was on the holder sleeve. One of the episodes, I forget which one was written out on Disc 3 but when I put it in the DVD player the show was not on there. I believe that it was written as the first episode on Disc 3 and so I read it and when I put it im my dvd player that show was not there, I kept scrolling left and rightwith my remote through the shows because I thought I overlooked it and then I figured that they left this show out and I was angry until I opened the next dvd sleeve and this episode was on Disc 4 and not on Disc 3 but was not written anywhere on the box sleeve for disc 4. These are some really stupid errors that could have easily been corrected but were overlooked. This cost me a lot of time and was agravating because with the Bootsie Nightengale episode I kept resetting it in my DVD player and then inspecting the disc just to find out that it was there error and so it was too much trouble. Luckily I read some reviews on this set before returning it to Amazon because I really though that I bought a damaged set. (even though only pieces of one episode was distoreted). This is still a great set because I am a big fan of I Dream Of Jeannie and I wouldn't return it but knowing that these mistakes could have been prevented is annoying.

Firebee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan

You need to pick up the pace? Heck, I've only seen the first two eps of the first season, and yes, I own 2 and 3...and will pre-order 4, of course! :)

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
Holy cow!! You all really DO need to pick up the pace! LOL And I thought I was bad for having not watched W&G S.6 yet...

...I'm glad to see there is finally a date for IDOJ S.4....

Brandy681

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brandy
Yep.. I just got an email from tvshowsondvd about this release for Spetember saying that Amazon has it for pre-order, allthough no other announcements have yet to be made and no cover art is available yet. I figured this set would be released around fall and this is true.. Hurray!!!

Brandy681

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brandy
Funny thing, when looking to pre-order this set through Amazon from their direct website and Google search Season 4 does not show up at all for me but when clicking on the link from tvshowsondvd it works and it shows.

Firebee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan

In my defense, look at my collection...it's just ridiculous...I have a LOT of sets coming next month, August and September...at this rate, I may expire before I'm able to watch all of these sets and begin adding them to the ``Complete Series'' thread! :)

Firebee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan

Yeah, I had to kind of search around for it, too...gotta love TSOD for the nice direct links on their stories and posts. Considered this pre-ordered!
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
David, you're right :) As for our beloved Bewitched. I'm at S2 Disc 1 ep 1 in that series with S3-4 waiting. Man, am I loving that show on DVD as well as IDOJ!

Brandy681

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brandy
Well "Wonder Years" is the most wanted DVD set, yet to be released. My wish list for non-release is The Ropers, Three's A Croud, Mister ED, Bunker's place, Mayberry RFD, Macgyver movies, The Lucy Show, and so on, allthough I have to say that I probably want buy but a few. My must have list is all of I Dream Of Jeannie, Bewitched, The Lucy Show, Leave It To Beaver, Possibly Who's The Boss and more! I would like to own CSI and maybe House if the prices would go down some..

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks