-

Photo
- - - - -

Anyone ever shop/buy at a "Computer Liquidation / Expo"?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   Steve Kuester

Steve Kuester

Second Unit

• 263 posts

Posted April 25 2007 - 05:03 AM

I'm in the market for a couple LCD monitors, one being a cheap as I can find 17", the other a halfway decent 20" or bigger.

There is one of those Computer Liquidation / Computer Expos coming to the MN state fairgounds this weekend, and I'm wondering if I would be wasting my time shopping for monitors there. I don't need anything else.

Anyone know off-hand if the prices at these places are appreciably better than places like Newegg or Tiger-Direct? Does the stuff even work when you get it home?

I'd rather not waste half my day (plus addmission and parking) if I don't need to.

Thanks for any input.

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   Rod J

Rod J

Stunt Coordinator

• 176 posts

Posted April 25 2007 - 06:28 AM

If they charge admission, don't waste your time. Any that I've attended are "oem" software not meant to be sold separately, obsolete hardware and assorted salvage. You're better off with any local or online retailer.

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   Mike_J_Potter

Mike_J_Potter

Second Unit

• 262 posts

Posted April 25 2007 - 06:34 AM

Personally I wouldn't bother going to the sale. I used to go to them along time ago, but haven't been to one in 2 years. The prices are usually higher then online places (I do all my computer shopping at newegg) and and if you count the 1% fee they charge if you use a credit card, admission, parking, gas etc you are definitely ahead ordering online. Not to mention if you order it from a established place you know you can return it easily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Kuester
I'm in the market for a couple LCD monitors, one being a cheap as I can find 17", the other a halfway decent 20" or bigger.

There is one of those Computer Liquidation / Computer Expos coming to the MN state fairgounds this weekend, and I'm wondering if I would be wasting my time shopping for monitors there. I don't need anything else.

Anyone know off-hand if the prices at these places are appreciably better than places like Newegg or Tiger-Direct? Does the stuff even work when you get it home?

I'd rather not waste half my day (plus addmission and parking) if I don't need to.

Thanks for any input.

Mike Potter

Last 3 films watched
Natural Born Killers (DVD)
Duece Bigalow 2 (theater)Forrest Gump (1080I)

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   Rommel_L

Rommel_L

Second Unit

• 355 posts

Posted April 25 2007 - 12:42 PM

Steve,

You might get an even better deal in checking out NewEgg.com or Buy.com than going to those expos...

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   Steve Kuester

Steve Kuester

Second Unit

• 263 posts

Posted April 25 2007 - 01:00 PM

Thanks for the replies. Exactly what I needed to hear.