What's new

Cheers Season 9 already released (1 Viewer)

jacktripper1

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jacob
I got in the mail today a Columbia House offer. DVD's at 60% off. and Tv on DVD sets 40%off. I was reading through them and I came across... none other than Cheers Season 9.I was shocked at first and then I thought I might tell you all about it. It has new out beside it. THe description says, "This season of this seminal comedy hit features the aftermath of Sam and Rebecca's night of passion and the special one-hour 200th episode." The list price was $42.95, their price was $25.77. What do you guys think of this?

WillG

Senior HTF Member
I'd be a bit suspicious, however, didn't the complete first season of SNL first pop up on Columbia House. I really hope it's true. I was pretty much giving up on more seasons of Cheers

Nick_TV

Stunt Coordinator
Where did you see this?

Can you post a URL or picture?

Season 9 and 10 are my favorite.

Sean.S

Stunt Coordinator
A search of Columbia House's website, for me at least, shows no Season 9 of Cheers. Only 1 - 8.

ThorstenB

Auditioning
Real Name
Thorsten
And Amazon lists three new Cheers releases for March 20, 2007: Season 5,6 and 8...??? You can see that if you sort by release date. WHY is Paramount re-releasing old seasons, but we don't get the last three????????

John Carr

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Jacob for the heads-up. I went through my latest Columbia House catalogue with a fine tooth comb and found the listing for CHEERS: The Complete Ninth Season (4564704) on page 62 (for those who are interested).

I ordered it and will report when, or if, I ever hear back from Columbia House regarding this selection. After a month, I'm still waiting for my PRESTON STRUGES: The Filmmaker Collection, so I don't know when, or if, the 9th Season of CHEERS will ever arrive.

If I get it, this will end my fulfillment and I can drop them!

John

John Carr

Stunt Coordinator
Just got a notice from Columbia House regarding Cheers Season 9: "Unfortunately, stock of any item noted below has been exhausted."

Right! What a load of crap!!! Why can't they admit they never had it to begin with...

Anyway, now we know that it was a Columbia House screwup, and that Cheers future seasons are still in limbo!

John

ThomasMon

Stunt Coordinator
Not exactly what I was hoping for. Still baffled on how they can release Season 1-8 and just stop...

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
If you can't make money selling one of the most popular and best-loved sitcoms of all time you don't deserve to be working in the DVD business.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Too bad. It was a slight bit of hope. But now I'm back under the assumption that this has been abandoned.

ThorstenB

Auditioning
Real Name
Thorsten
thx for that update - somehow i had the feeling its a mistake - Paramount sure just don't care about their customers. I will not suport Paramount anymore with this, now i'll wait until a series is complete on dvd and then buy it!!!!! So i have to wait for the last series of "The Odd Couple" and then i can buy them complete. I will not suport incomplete sets anymore !!!

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I can understand your frustration but if everyone followed that plan, no show would get past its first season because the sales would be too low. And of course, Paramount (or any other company) does not care about their customers. They're a business and want to make money.

Brad P

Stunt Coordinator
What I don't get is why, if the series supposedly sold so poorly, they'd release up to season eight in a three-year release period?

ThomasMon

Stunt Coordinator
I usually wait till a second season is released before I purchase a show. Unless it is an absolute favorite, there a few favorites I bought season 1 without waiting, but I generally want to wait because I don't want an incomplete set.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew

This mentality is why second seasons don't get released. It's a Catch-22. You say you're not going to buy until the next season comes out, but the second season doesn't come out because of all those who were waiting to buy it until then.

Mike*SC

Second Unit
Assuming poor sales are the reason for the delay/discontinuation, there's no reason to believe that the first few seasons didn't sell well. As series go on, sales inevitably drop off. Frankly, I only bought the first five seasons, because I thought the show lost a lot of its charm after Diane left.

WillG

Senior HTF Member

I'm the exact opposite. I was never into the whole Sam and Diane thing and Diane kind of bugged me. I thought the show was a lot more fun during the Rebecca years. Sucks that at this point there is a good chance the remaining two seasons will not see a release.

Jonathan Peterson

Second Unit
Real Name
Jonathan Peterson
I agree with Will. The later seasons I felt were much better. Please Paramount, release the final three seasons already!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks