-

Jump to content



Sign up for a free account!

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Cheers Season 9 already released


This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
75 replies to this topic

#1 of 76 jacktripper1

jacktripper1

    Stunt Coordinator

  • 214 posts
  • Join Date: Oct 30 2006

Posted April 24 2007 - 10:52 AM

I got in the mail today a Columbia House offer. DVD's at 60% off. and Tv on DVD sets 40%off. I was reading through them and I came across... none other than Cheers Season 9.I was shocked at first and then I thought I might tell you all about it. It has new out beside it. THe description says, "This season of this seminal comedy hit features the aftermath of Sam and Rebecca's night of passion and the special one-hour 200th episode." The list price was $42.95, their price was $25.77. What do you guys think of this?

#2 of 76 WillG

WillG

    Producer

  • 5,213 posts
  • Join Date: Jan 30 2003

Posted April 24 2007 - 10:57 AM

I'd be a bit suspicious, however, didn't the complete first season of SNL first pop up on Columbia House. I really hope it's true. I was pretty much giving up on more seasons of Cheers
STOP HIM! He's supposed to die!

#3 of 76 Nick_TV

Nick_TV

    Stunt Coordinator

  • 107 posts
  • Join Date: Jul 26 2005

Posted April 24 2007 - 02:32 PM

Where did you see this?

Can you post a URL or picture?

Season 9 and 10 are my favorite.

#4 of 76 Sean.S

Sean.S

    Stunt Coordinator

  • 185 posts
  • Join Date: Feb 19 2004

Posted April 24 2007 - 02:38 PM

A search of Columbia House's website, for me at least, shows no Season 9 of Cheers. Only 1 - 8.

#5 of 76 ThorstenB

ThorstenB

    Auditioning

  • 13 posts
  • Join Date: Jul 09 2006

Posted April 25 2007 - 02:51 AM

And Amazon lists three new Cheers releases for March 20, 2007: Season 5,6 and 8...??? You can see that if you sort by release date. WHY is Paramount re-releasing old seasons, but we don't get the last three????????

#6 of 76 John Carr

John Carr

    Stunt Coordinator

  • 182 posts
  • Join Date: May 25 2004

Posted April 29 2007 - 04:57 AM

Thanks Jacob for the heads-up. I went through my latest Columbia House catalogue with a fine tooth comb and found the listing for CHEERS: The Complete Ninth Season (4564704) on page 62 (for those who are interested).

I ordered it and will report when, or if, I ever hear back from Columbia House regarding this selection. After a month, I'm still waiting for my PRESTON STRUGES: The Filmmaker Collection, so I don't know when, or if, the 9th Season of CHEERS will ever arrive.

If I get it, this will end my fulfillment and I can drop them!

John

#7 of 76 ThomasMon

ThomasMon

    Stunt Coordinator

  • 58 posts
  • Join Date: Sep 05 2005

Posted April 29 2007 - 12:30 PM

Lets hope this is true. It would be crazy if they don't release the last 3 seasons.
Thomas A. Montalto

#8 of 76 John Carr

John Carr

    Stunt Coordinator

  • 182 posts
  • Join Date: May 25 2004

Posted May 12 2007 - 04:27 AM

Just got a notice from Columbia House regarding Cheers Season 9: "Unfortunately, stock of any item noted below has been exhausted."

Right! What a load of crap!!! Why can't they admit they never had it to begin with...

Anyway, now we know that it was a Columbia House screwup, and that Cheers future seasons are still in limbo!

John

#9 of 76 ThomasMon

ThomasMon

    Stunt Coordinator

  • 58 posts
  • Join Date: Sep 05 2005

Posted May 13 2007 - 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Carr
Just got a notice from Columbia House regarding Cheers Season 9: "Unfortunately, stock of any item noted below has been exhausted."

Right! What a load of crap!!! Why can't they admit they never had it to begin with...

Anyway, now we know that it was a Columbia House screwup, and that Cheers future seasons are still in limbo!

John
Not exactly what I was hoping for. Still baffled on how they can release Season 1-8 and just stop...
Thomas A. Montalto

#10 of 76 MatthewA

MatthewA

    Producer

  • 6,122 posts
  • Join Date: Apr 19 2000
  • Real Name:Matthew
  • LocationSalinas, CA

Posted May 13 2007 - 05:51 AM

If you can't make money selling one of the most popular and best-loved sitcoms of all time you don't deserve to be working in the DVD business.

Enough is enough, Disney. No more evasions or excuses. We DEMAND the release Song of the South on Blu-ray along with the uncut version of Bedknobs and Broomsticks on Blu-ray. I will not support anything your company produces until then.


#11 of 76 WillG

WillG

    Producer

  • 5,213 posts
  • Join Date: Jan 30 2003

Posted May 13 2007 - 10:15 AM

Too bad. It was a slight bit of hope. But now I'm back under the assumption that this has been abandoned.
STOP HIM! He's supposed to die!

#12 of 76 ThorstenB

ThorstenB

    Auditioning

  • 13 posts
  • Join Date: Jul 09 2006

Posted May 15 2007 - 02:08 AM

thx for that update - somehow i had the feeling its a mistake - Paramount sure just don't care about their customers. I will not suport Paramount anymore with this, now i'll wait until a series is complete on dvd and then buy it!!!!! So i have to wait for the last series of "The Odd Couple" and then i can buy them complete. I will not suport incomplete sets anymore !!!

#13 of 76 TravisR

TravisR

    Studio Mogul

  • 21,637 posts
  • Join Date: Nov 15 2004
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted May 15 2007 - 04:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThorstenB
thx for that update - somehow i had the feeling its a mistake - Paramount sure just don't care about their customers. I will not suport Paramount anymore with this, now i'll wait until a series is complete on dvd and then buy it!!!!! So i have to wait for the last series of "The Odd Couple" and then i can buy them complete. I will not suport incomplete sets anymore !!!
I can understand your frustration but if everyone followed that plan, no show would get past its first season because the sales would be too low. And of course, Paramount (or any other company) does not care about their customers. They're a business and want to make money.

#14 of 76 Brad P

Brad P

    Stunt Coordinator

  • 69 posts
  • Join Date: Feb 10 2005

Posted May 15 2007 - 06:20 AM

What I don't get is why, if the series supposedly sold so poorly, they'd release up to season eight in a three-year release period?

#15 of 76 ThomasMon

ThomasMon

    Stunt Coordinator

  • 58 posts
  • Join Date: Sep 05 2005

Posted May 15 2007 - 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThorstenB
thx for that update - somehow i had the feeling its a mistake - Paramount sure just don't care about their customers. I will not suport Paramount anymore with this, now i'll wait until a series is complete on dvd and then buy it!!!!! So i have to wait for the last series of "The Odd Couple" and then i can buy them complete. I will not suport incomplete sets anymore !!!
I usually wait till a second season is released before I purchase a show. Unless it is an absolute favorite, there a few favorites I bought season 1 without waiting, but I generally want to wait because I don't want an incomplete set.
Thomas A. Montalto

#16 of 76 MatthewA

MatthewA

    Producer

  • 6,122 posts
  • Join Date: Apr 19 2000
  • Real Name:Matthew
  • LocationSalinas, CA

Posted May 15 2007 - 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasMon
I usually wait till a second season is released before I purchase a show. Unless it is an absolute favorite, there a few favorites I bought season 1 without waiting, but I generally want to wait because I don't want an incomplete set.

This mentality is why second seasons don't get released. It's a Catch-22. You say you're not going to buy until the next season comes out, but the second season doesn't come out because of all those who were waiting to buy it until then.

Enough is enough, Disney. No more evasions or excuses. We DEMAND the release Song of the South on Blu-ray along with the uncut version of Bedknobs and Broomsticks on Blu-ray. I will not support anything your company produces until then.


#17 of 76 Mike*SC

Mike*SC

    Second Unit

  • 260 posts
  • Join Date: Jun 20 2005

Posted May 16 2007 - 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad P
What I don't get is why, if the series supposedly sold so poorly, they'd release up to season eight in a three-year release period?
Assuming poor sales are the reason for the delay/discontinuation, there's no reason to believe that the first few seasons didn't sell well. As series go on, sales inevitably drop off. Frankly, I only bought the first five seasons, because I thought the show lost a lot of its charm after Diane left.

#18 of 76 WillG

WillG

    Producer

  • 5,213 posts
  • Join Date: Jan 30 2003

Posted May 17 2007 - 01:42 AM

Quote:
I only bought the first five seasons, because I thought the show lost a lot of its charm after Diane left.

I'm the exact opposite. I was never into the whole Sam and Diane thing and Diane kind of bugged me. I thought the show was a lot more fun during the Rebecca years. Sucks that at this point there is a good chance the remaining two seasons will not see a release.
STOP HIM! He's supposed to die!

#19 of 76 Jonathan Peterson

Jonathan Peterson

    Second Unit

  • 292 posts
  • Join Date: Jun 21 2006

Posted May 17 2007 - 09:32 AM

I agree with Will. The later seasons I felt were much better. Please Paramount, release the final three seasons already!

#20 of 76 Mike*SC

Mike*SC

    Second Unit

  • 260 posts
  • Join Date: Jun 20 2005

Posted May 17 2007 - 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillG
I thought the show was a lot more fun during the Rebecca years. Sucks that at this point there is a good chance the remaining two seasons will not see a release.
To each his own, of course. And it's the remaining three seasons...


Back to TV on DVD and Blu-ray



Forum Nav Content I Follow