-

Photo
- - - - -

DVD Storage

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 Bob_Lawrance

Bob_Lawrance

Stunt Coordinator

• 163 posts

Posted April 24 2007 - 07:38 AM

Hey Guys

I am not sure if this is the right place but what do most people do with all of your DVDs?

Thanks in advance.

#2 of 4 Harpozep

Harpozep

Stunt Coordinator

• 191 posts

Posted April 24 2007 - 08:18 AM

I put 5-7 thousand of them out for rent at my store. Then I have a custom made oak bookcase styled shelf for a few hundred of them at my house. Then the overstock gets put in magazine boxes and stored. Once a year I cull out things that will never be watched again and sell them. I did this recently with a lot of action movies and TV series box sets.

I will never have enough time on earth to watch all I own, so some have to go. Besides, we are now buying HD discsPosted Image
Best,
Robert

#3 of 4 Gary Shipley

Gary Shipley

Second Unit

• 281 posts

Posted April 26 2007 - 08:09 AM

Hi Bob. I have mine on 4 6ft. shelves on the back wall of my theater. Each shelf will hold about 115 dvds. Oh yeah, they are all in alphabetical order. It makes it easier to find a particular movie.
Gary Shipley

#4 of 4 JJMJ71

JJMJ71

Stunt Coordinator

• 102 posts

Posted April 30 2007 - 02:53 AM

I am in the process of building my home theater and decided to build a slideout DVD type storage area. I wanted to try and keep the room looking as clean as possible and keep the focus on the screen. Here are some dimensions and pictures of the slideout that I am currently building. Dimensions are 16" deep X 17" wide X 5' 6" tall. the actual area that slides through the studs is around 15" wide. Since I am new on the forum I cannot post urls (pictures). I am sure that they are searching on key words, if you insert this into the browser heading it should still come up. jjmallrich.googlepages.com/home
Sunbeam Cinema Build Thread

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance....
Author Unknown