Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

DVD Karaoke players

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 OFFLINE   DennisPCJr

DennisPCJr

Agent

• 35 posts

Posted April 23 2007 - 03:18 PM

Anyone know what company makes a good karaoke dvd player? Or does anyone even make them anymore? I used to buy and swear by Pioneer but i dont see anything karaoke related listed on their site anymore. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Im looking for a player with at least two mic inputs. I dont need something crazy expensive and im not looking for Fisher Price. thanks

#2 of 7 OFFLINE   Danny Tse

Danny Tse

Producer

• 3,190 posts

Posted April 27 2007 - 08:26 AM

Sony listed a DVD karaoke player in its current DVD lineup, but I don't have any experience with it. I am tempted to buy one though.
SACD not listed at sa-cd.net (updated 8/26/2009)

#3 of 7 OFFLINE   ChristopherDAC

ChristopherDAC

Producer

• 3,729 posts

Posted April 28 2007 - 03:20 AM

I think you have to look at the non-consumer parts of Pioneer's site for karaoke now. They used to sell consumer machines with the function (there was always a LaserDisc player in the lineup which would do it, even in the US), but most of them were the "professional" V models. I actually have a CLD-V710, which is based on the CLD-1080, though I've never used it as a karaoke machine.

#4 of 7 OFFLINE   DennisPCJr

DennisPCJr

Agent

• 35 posts

Posted April 28 2007 - 04:00 AM

Yeah i looked in the dj section ... didnt see anything listed anymore. If anyone has seen any recently hidden on there site or has a link please let me know but i think they may be out of karaoke. Ill definatly check out that Sony one though thanks for that.

#5 of 7 OFFLINE   Radioman970

Radioman970

Producer

• 5,906 posts
  • LocationCould be anywhere

Posted April 28 2007 - 05:47 AM

I don't know a thing about the players so this is slightly off-topic. Still, it's karaokoe...

I just use my PC and a mic. And I've done pretty good with walmart and karaoke. I don't know if they have any machines, I do know you can download very professional karaoke tunes for 88 cent each off the website. These are from CDs that are available. Also, the other day I bought a cheap Philips mic (PH65080) for $10 at my local store and it was fairly impressive for such a cheapie. I was amazed at the difference in what I was using before and how it nearly sounds as good as the $500 one I use at work. And that's just plugged in my PC.
Silly Party Candidate: Tarquin Fin- tim- lim- bim- whin- bim- lim- bus- stop- F'tang- F'tang- Olè- Biscuitbarrel

#6 of 7 OFFLINE   JohnTKline

JohnTKline

Stunt Coordinator

• 165 posts

Posted June 24 2007 - 02:27 AM

I've had a cav-202g for a couple of years, and it's my main dvd player, works perfectly for movies and karaoke. Has 2 mic inputs for those duets!!

http://www.cavsusa.c...er/dvd202g.html

#7 of 7 OFFLINE   Kenny WH

Kenny WH

Stunt Coordinator

• 50 posts

Posted June 24 2007 - 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennisPCJr
Anyone know what company makes a good karaoke dvd player? Or does anyone even make them anymore? I used to buy and swear by Pioneer but i dont see anything karaoke related listed on their site anymore. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Im looking for a player with at least two mic inputs. I dont need something crazy expensive and im not looking for Fisher Price. thanks

I recently bought a Fleco DVD-5. Pretty much a basic unit but it works as it should. http://www.musicians....yer?sku=244416

I usually use an 8ch. mixer for handling the mics though that way I can have a bunch of people singing(or at least trying to singPosted Image) at the same time.